Thread: Legs jerking at night

Legs jerking at night

My legs will jerk when I am in bed. I think it is because my ankles are sore. I read about some kind of foam protection for ankles, but can't find the thread now.

C5/C6
    Last edited by 47+years; 10-18-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo

I get the jumpy jerks too. usually when my patch needs to be changed, of if I have been on my feet a lot.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by 47+years View Post
    My legs will jerk when I am in bed. I think it is because my ankles are sore. I read about some kind of foam protection for ankles, but can't find the thread now.

C5/C6
    http://www.sageproductsglobal.com/en/prevalon.cfm

This should work for your ankles, I would think. I know some people wear "air booties," which I don't know the correct name for. That might be your best bet, but they're probably a lot more expensive than the protectors below.

http://www.colonialmedical.com/catal...t-p-16228.html
    -----
    Another type: http://www.spanamerica.com/extremities.php
    ---
    Last edited by rdf; 10-18-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

If it's not your ankles, it may be related to your bowels. Mine jump and jerk all night when I have a hard bowel making its way down the tract. Of course all my issues seem to surround my bowels.

Good Luck!
    Dave

legs jerking and magnesium

Hi...I just posted on the thread about getting off Neurontin and Lyrica about low magnesium symtpoms...check it out. Restless legs, muscle spasms and more are common symptoms of low Mg. I just found out about transdermal Mg called magensium oil...it's a spray that you just spray on your skin and it absorbs right into the bloodstream...good for migraines, insomnia, PMS, and a ton of stuff! Hope you can find my other post, if not let me know and i'll copy/paste. Just google magnesium oil...ancient minerals is the best brand, but buy it on amazon for a better deal.

best ,
    Liz

Where do these trolls come from? nothing better to do.

Although, I slathered some on, and lo and behold, my CP is gone, I am fully ambulatory, lost 30 lbs., my hair grew back and is brown again, my dogs are trained, and I won the megagmillions 3x and my lawn is green and the weeds are gone, all with just one application! Imagine what it can do for YOU!

Slather up folks!!!

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

not a troll

I'm not a troll..and I never said it was going to cure all your ailments. Just that muscle spasms/restless legs, and many other symtpoms are classic low mag and people should try this. My dad is dying of cancer and has excruciating postherpetic neuralgia pain in his left arm and shoulder...the mag is not helping his pain, but it is helping w/ insomnia and muscle issues. Believe me, I'm just trying to help people here.
    Liz

so post why you're here. Post something relevant. Add something to your profile.

Sorry about your dad.

If I have a bad attitude sorry, tired of newbies posting rubbish for folks who live in agony and have spent years looking for help.

Still not convinced you're not a troll.

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Hi Bill,

No time to add to my profile...I joined last night because i've been researching about Neurontin and withdrawal as we try to get my Dad off of it since it has wrecked his brain and is not helping anymore w/ his pain. In the past couple weeks i've reserached about magnesium and it's role in the neurological system and our whole body really...its something that is just not often considered yet is as important as calcium,and in fact if you have too much calcium and not enough magnesium it will mess you up...low level symtpoms usually, until sometimes it's extreme and people have sudden cardiac death.

I have not experienced the pain you all are going through. But my Dad has, and i've watched him suffer for 5.5 years, then last year he got multiple myeloma and his spine collapsed and he broke a couple ribs...so we brought him up to Michigan and into hospice...treated w/ alternative stuff for the past year and he was improving, no cancer pain at all, till a couple months ago when his energy really dropped. He still has no other pain from the cancer miraculously. But, this pain from the postherpetic neuralgia forces him to stay in bed, lay on only his right side (so now he has a bedsore on his right hip), and he has several times mentioned wanting to get a knife to end it all. He's 80 years old, the gentlest man, and he's suffered hell for these last 5 years...my mom also died of a terribly painful cancer 6 years ago.

When I read all of the posts here, I was really moved by how much people are suffering, just like my Dad, and all on various meds and having so many problems finding PEACE and relief from the pain...it's just so crazy and terrible that these doctors just focus on medications rather than really seeking to solve/fix the cause of so many issues. Magnesium might be a piece of it for some of you...I don't know...but I do know you won't hear about it from your doctors, so I just wanted to share that one tidbit in hopes perhaps it could help with SOME of the symptoms people are going through here...maybe it won't, but it doen'st cost much and it can only be good for you, so I wanted to let people know. You can take it or leave it.

I pray you can find healing and relief from the torture of constant pain...I truly do. All I can say is hang in there and don't give up.
    Liz