Thread: Caregiver to my husband who can deny

Caregiver to my husband who can deny

my husband can have alot of pain but, really sometimes is in denail on what he should except i think, i quess time is going to help he is a incomplete quad c567 for 15 years and has walked right side weak was told he is progressing according to mylagram no mri because of a pacemakerfrom sci , but he is really depressed. local doc put him on meds, spinalcord doc is just waiting on him to get weaker and weaker, because he is a high risk and what can happen just may during surgery if not before, i try so hard to help his pain, but is angry voice, keeps me pretty quit, dont knoww what to say sometimes, hopefully this will get better, his right arm he says feels like it is broke, cant lift anything now with it, but he did say today he may start seeing muscle shrinking! god love him he is a sweet guy he is scared of whats happening, and it breaks my heart for him so that angry person inside of him better know i love him very much and im still here, i dont know if what i do is right, im sure this story isnt over just when i think i know something, i have to research more, thanks for letting me vent peacegirl_11

Hi Peacegirl, It is heartbreaking and a helpless feeling when someone we love is in pain. Venting is a good thing. Hang in there.

some pain meds can cause moods. vicodin in smallish but regular doses affected my tollerence to stress, and that would encourage melt down, quick rage. I dont notice moods using a pain patch.

It's okay to be angry and mad, but not okay to be mean. Especially to someone who cares.

Sorry to hear about his challenges; I trust he does more than just waiting around for it to get worse or relying on docs.

Stay strong, Glad you made it here. It's a good place to vent and be supported.

thanks to u all he does try to keep mind busy most of the time. But u never know what he is thinking, hope it is meds making him moody, he has been like this since he had a brain bleed in spaces of brain apparently drs tip toe around cause but this happened 3 days after mylagram puncture but this can happen but they dont really talk on it confusing sometimes, we will go back in nov so we will talk I hopethanks peacegirl

ok, now a brain injury is a totally different kind of mood altering vehicle.
    you should have more information than they are giving you, and maybe some kind of added support is needed.
    http://www.brainline.org/content/201...in-injury.html
    heres a little info. I see if there is more too.

Welcome peacegirl - sharing a good healthy vent is imperative and welcome here - no need to ask permission or apologize ! One of the most difficult aspects of supporting a loved one with sci is that feeling of helplessness we experience. Learn all you can here for your own peace of mind - it can be liberating and most importantly empowering. I wish you the best !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

pain turns us all into ppl we don't recognize.