Thread: Can someone please tell me the right bearing size???!!!

Can someone please tell me the right bearing size???!!!

Tilite S2 with mono fork, frog leg 4 x 1.4 soft roll lexan caster. Just bought the FL's from Sportaid to replace the tillite casters and the inner diameter of the bearings that came with them does not fit on the mono fork stem. Until now I've always had chairs with the same size caster bearings - same as skateboards and roller blades. Why would Tilite change this?

I know there are posts about this but just want to know for sure the right size. Can anyone help? Also where best to buy?

Thanks

"R6-2RS" (standard skate bearings are "608-2RS")
    Attachment 42372
    screen shot from http://estore.tilite.com/ecommerce/C...=985&IID=17850

I've read here on CC that FLs now offers a direct replacement caster with bearings through Sportaid. Maybe you can swap your casters for the correct ones. The R6 bearings will not fit in standard casters.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 10-17-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

yea its a totally different caster for those uni forks..........I seen it somewhere online last week but now I cant find it.

Call up Sportaid, they will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Solorider View Post
    Why would Tilite change this?

I know there are posts about this but just want to know for sure the right size. Can anyone help? Also where best to buy?
    Better question - why wouldn't TiLite change this? This way they have more of a strangle-hold on replacements for their well-engineered well-tested quality parts.

I see you are in ON - here's a link for a bearing retail chain out there - http://www.gbs.ca/en/succen.html . I have no idea if they are reputable or not. Source the R6's chas refers to below.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    "R6-2RS" (standard skate bearings are "608-2RS")
    I've read here on CC that FLs now offers a direct replacement caster with bearings through Sportaid. Maybe you can swap your casters for the correct ones.
    Probably the best bet - ship them back and ask for the Ti mono-fork version.
    Last edited by tooley; 10-17-2011 at 08:31 PM.