Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead: Season 2

I'd like to think that I have the mentality to survive a zombie invasion, but in my current state, I'm afraid I'd just be a "meal on wheels."

Everyone is using the Otis killing to make Shane out to be this evil thing (not to say he isn't unstable) when it was simply a 'do or (both) die' situation.

Ok, ok, I know.... but did he HAVE to just shoot Otis in the leg and leave him to be eaten alive? Why not have mercy and just shoot him in the head?

So, now the question: Do the 'walkers' only eat LIVE humans? Do they not eat even freshly killed fresh human flesh?
    Reference:
    - zombies ignored Glen/Rick when they 'smelled of death' (or smelled of zombie?), but once sensing 'life' ("death" washed away by rain), started attack
    - there were dead, decaying humans in cars along the highway, some partially eaten, some not.
    - they threw injured but live chickens to feed the walkers in the barn

If zombies do eat only LIVE things, and if everyone, incl. Shane knew this, then injuring Otis for bait makes sense (he would have been eaten anyway. yea, like you wouldn't have??).

Then again, if zombies don't eat anything dead, even fresh kill, that would mean that zombies would stop eating their LIVE human catch as soon as they die while being eaten? Have we seen the zombies doing that?

If there is anything left of him, it'd be cool to have Walker Otis come back to the farm.
    Last edited by chick; 02-22-2012 at 03:45 PM.

I thought the bloated fleshbag in the well was him, like they would have his necklace/watch/whatever to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Everyone is using the Otis killing to make Shane out to be this evil thing (not to say he isn't unstable) when it was simply a 'do or (both) die' situation.

Ok, ok, I know.... but did he HAVE to just shoot Otis in the leg and leave him to be eaten alive? Why not have mercy and just shoot him in the head?

So, now the question: Do the 'walkers' only eat LIVE humans? Do they not eat even freshly killed fresh human flesh?
    Reference:
    - zombies ignored Glen/Rick when they 'smelled of death' (or smelled of zombie?), but once sensing 'life' ("death" washed away by rain), started attack
    - there were dead, decaying humans in cars along the highway, some partially eaten, some not.
    - they threw injured but live chickens to feed the walkers in the barn

If zombies do eat only LIVE things, and if everyone, incl. Shane knew this, then injuring Otis for bait makes sense (he would have been eaten anyway. yea, like you wouldn't have??).

Then again, if zombies don't eat anything dead, even fresh kill, that would mean that zombies would stop eating their LIVE human catch as soon as they die while being eaten? Have we seen the zombies doing that?

If there is anything left of him, it'd be cool to have Walker Otis come back to the farm.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Disappointed with tonight's episode. If there was a chance of Otis being seen, it was tonight ... didn't happen but wish it had.

Rick and Shane's rocky relationship was anti-climatic .. I knew Rick wouldn't leave Shane behind.

But worst of all, is there no such thing as bodily fluid transference in these walking dead episodes!?! I thought for sure that Maggie's sister was scratched in the barn-shooting episode where her mother was shot - explaining her fever and comatose state. When Rick shot those walkers 3-fold when he had a cut on his forehead already? Shane cutting his hand and wiping it on the bus, twice after a walker had rubbed their bloody saliva into it?

Bah!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BC...en_by_Internet

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I could be wrong, but I don't think that was the same place where Otis died. As for the bodily fluid thing, the way the happened to mention that those cops weren't bit and when they focused closely on the blood that Shane twice wiped on the bus, I'm wondering if maybe Shane did get injected and it just takes much longer for the Walker virus to take effect. Perhaps? Who knows aside from the writers...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Disappointed with tonight's episode. If there was a chance of Otis being seen, it was tonight ... didn't happen but wish it had.

Rick and Shane's rocky relationship was anti-climatic .. I knew Rick wouldn't leave Shane behind.

But worst of all, is there no such thing as bodily fluid transference in these walking dead episodes!?! I thought for sure that Maggie's sister was scratched in the barn-shooting episode where her mother was shot - explaining her fever and comatose state. When Rick shot those walkers 3-fold when he had a cut on his forehead already? Shane cutting his hand and wiping it on the bus, twice after a walker had rubbed their bloody saliva into it?

Bah!
    I noticed that! Shane was getting fresh zombie saliva into his hand wound, but didn't seem worried.

I thought the first episode of this second half was boring, thank goodness there's been more zombie action the last couple of episodes. I always want more zombies, and more zombie action.
    I really hope that they do leave Herschel's farm soon. And run into yet more zombies doing their zombie thing. That's my wish.

No, not Dale. He was my favorite character. Shocked me almost as much as Sophia coming out of the barn.

Shhhhh. Others haven't seen yet ... but that was a shocker to me as well.

Back in the summer, I read that one of the actors was disgruntled about Frank Darabont not being involved anymore (because AMC pours all their money into Mad Men and bitched about the expense of the special effects on TWD) and that they were going to leave. I had a feeling it was going to be .. who it was.

Damn. EXCELLENT SHOW THOUGH MAKING UP FOR LAST WEEK'S SHODDINESS!

Edit to add: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...nt-noir-284057
    Last edited by lynnifer; 03-05-2012 at 01:08 AM.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BC...en_by_Internet

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Wow, that was a great show. definatly made up for last week.

Hopefully the kid will be a bit more responsible now, and they need to put an end to the other guy, no point keeping him tied up.
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

In the comics, Dale & Andrea became an item, and while I didn't see that happening in the show, I certainly didn't expect Dale to die so soon.

Only two episodes left this season...