Hi, everybody

I can't believe it's here again, can't believe they've pulled it off again, can't believe I actually made it. The 5th year . . .

But, here we go.

It's Saturday night and people have been arriving for the last 24 hours or so; we're at a Hilton hotel near Bethesda, MD. This is one of those hotels where the rooms are arranged to rise up around a big open space; when I arrived there was a wedding party going on in that space, with tons of guests in formal wear and candles and flowers all over the place, canned music playing so loud you could hear it through all the halls.

There are people here from all over the place -- 186 of 'em!! -- many from the eastern seaboard, but also from all over the USA as well as Ireland, the UK, Spain, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Japan, and Nepal. Kind of a destination wedding of sorts, eh?

Here's a heads up about what to look for tomorrow:

Presentations by Douglas Fields from the NIH, Richard Garr from Neuralstem, Joseph Gold from Geron Corporation, followed by a panel discussion with one of u2fp's board members, David Zacks . . . that's all before lunch.

Gotta love this.