Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Permobil vs Quantum power wheelchairs? Help!

Thumbs up Wish My Permobil C-500 Had the Light Kit Package and the Wider Abductor Pads

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    With the C500 Corpus 3G, there is no heavyweight option. Do you mean the speed package which includes a 6.5 MPH top speed, the gyroscope-based Enhanced Steering Performance (ESP) tracking module, and mandatory front anti-tip casters?

If that is true, I imagine it probably looks something like this...

Nice chair. Wish my Permobil C 500 had the light package and wish my abductor pads were the size of the ones that are on the chair in the pictures.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Yep, that be me. I thank SCI_OTR for helping me order such a great chair. It was guite a mental tousle for me as where I live demands a tough powerchair. So far everything is great except one function and it is scheduled for repair. I may have liked wider, more agressive tires but I may be moving back to civilization so width is important.

Very responsive and quick chair and now I know why. I may weigh about 250 so I need to be careful dropping off the side of the asphalt onto the narrow or broken berm. Heavy guys have a high center of gravity, tipping can be a terrible rush and has a high injury potential.

My Omegatrac tipped over when I backed my caster into a woodchuck hole on the top of a remote grassy knoll. Layed on my shoulder and arm for 7 hours unable to move. Watched searchers headlights for hours until female state trooper found me. November 7, exactly 8 years since accident. Knew I would probably die if left overnight, so I was ready when found at 1 am. Wonderful view and a great place to leave for Valhalla. Kind of excited not to be crippled anymore.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 07-15-2012 at 07:53 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by RAFS View Post
    Nice chair. Wish my Permobil C 500 had the light package and wish my abductor pads were the size of the ones that are on the chair in the pictures.
    I think OEM light kits that are incorporated into a powerchair's electroncs and include functions like turns signals are usually overkill. There are less expensive ways to accomplish the same thing. The exception would be those who need lights, but have very function and can only operate them through the driving system.

These may not only be less expensive than the light kit available from Permobil, a simple setups like this LED flashlight mounted to a transfer handle would probably prove to be more durable and reliable over time...
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 07-16-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Thumbs up Quantum / Pride Rediculous

Pride / Quantum imop over rated and mine is a good boat anchor

Batteries stink , lousiest onboard charging and they replaced the elec control module a yr ago it took forever to get the thing back and it is still crapping out
    Again what the heck !!!You Suck
    My batteries just took a dump I think they need courses in Engineering 101

I dont know what to do because the Rep Tech takes so long I am always up the creek

Nearly 4 yrs I had this thing I would not reccommend these chairs .
    Pride / Quantum CaCa poo Lousy customer service

GL

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Turn signals on a powerchair are rediculus, horns also. Are folks crazy enough to be turning in front of a moving vehicle or blowing their horn at someones back? I hope not. Emergency flashers are nice and I use them on the road where sight distances are reduced, mainy around bends and over the top of hills. I always use a triangular, orange - slow moving vehicle marker velcroed to the back of my powerchair. VERY, VERY VISABLE. Flag also.

The Permobil does not have room so I bought a 6'' x 12'' Vetical Object Marker, High Intensity Prismatic - yello. Velcro sideways.

I do wish all controllers had a smooth, waterproof face like the Liber-T I have on my Omegatrac. No accidental changes or consern about rain. I can not get their web-site to work though. Was www.libertmedtech.com
    Last edited by forestranger52; 07-16-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt