Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who here has a modified PT Cruiser?

Can't say I've ever been in one or know someone that has one but if I were in the market for a new car it would totally be worth considering. I'm a para in a manual chair so I could transfer if I found an easy way to lug my chair in I'm set.

thx seneca for that awesome review. i have an action arrow storm chair; no tilt, to rise to it. i wonder if it'd fit in there alright. i personally love how the pt cruiser looks.

cspine, thx for your offer of help.

Hi,
    I have a modilied PT cruiser. I have had it for almost a year. I have had some door problems but they were fixed at FMI. I love driving it. I do have an easy lock in place. it is turned so I back in and lock as I turn to front. Have had no problems with it. You can call FMI and they will bring a PT cruiser by. I did this and made sure I could get up the ramp and my chair would fit in the drivers side. Had no problems with this. I do have a manual chair. I tried my electric chair (I use it in snow). It does not fit.
    Good luck. If you have any more questions please write.
    mary

A PT cruiser?????
    Another smash box

every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

I used to design a web site for a company that sells wheelchair accessible cars and vans...
    PT Cruiser was very very popular... Usually a ramp from the back door..

www.bestpromotionals.com
    Promotional Products and Ideas for every event, organization

PT Cruiser was very very popular... Usually a ramp from the back door..
    Then wouldnt you loose all the seats? How would you transfer into the drivers seat without also removing the front passanger?

A while back there was a pt cruiser modified being sold on the disabled dealer magazine. I think it's still there.

anyone know of where I can find a picture of one modified with a rear entry?

Was looking for a pic for Sh0rty and came across this negative story on PT. But it is the side entry style, just thought I would post for fyi to the space issue:

story

McD

edit: found this blurb on FMI's website. Sounds like the rear entry was passenger osition only.

"We realized people were getting tired of driving boring, bulky, full-size vans. The incredible amount of excitement and positive feedback we recieved from our first accessible PT Cruiser project, the rear-entry passenger PT, pointed us to what was really needed: the PT Driver. People were really excited about the rear-entry PT Cruiser, but everybody wanted to drive it, so we designed the PT Driver, which you can drive from your wheelchair. It is such an experience to drive this vehicle... this vehicle is so fantastic... it will just make your day, every day!"
    Sieto van Dillen, founder and CEO of FMI

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

[This message was edited by McDuff on 12-20-04 at 12:29 PM.]

[This message was edited by McDuff on 12-20-04 at 12:30 PM.]

thx mcduff