Thread: 2 Nights in Yosemite

Post 2 Nights in Yosemite

Time and time again Yosemite National Park takes my breath away. My 2 night stay was by far not long enough but was able to explore and document many things. Along the way I saw other things to document that will bring me back. Read about my adventures in Yosemite:

2 Night Stay in Yosemite
    Day Trip to Yosemite

wheelchair traveler: Sounds like you had a great time in Yosemite. We were there a few years back. It's beautiful!! Great write up also.

Yosemite is indeed a magical place. Pre-SCI in 1972 I hitch hiked across the country for about 3 months. I climbed up on top of Half Dome at night in an LSD fueled frenzy. Slept on top. Crawled on my stomach to the edge and looked down....awesome! Spent about 2 weeks there. Good times......

Thanks guys, yes I love it there too! Smokey - that's incredible what you did. What an experience! Did you take a pic?!

I hitchhiked there at about 70 or 71. The first night we were there, there was a riot. Park rangers on horse back swinging Axe handles at peoples heads. Needless to say the next morning we hiked out of the tear gas filled valley up into the back country. It was great up in the high country, except a bear riped open one of are backpacks and eat all the food.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Sorry but we had no camera and thus no pics. We only had knapsacks and about $400 each for the whole trip. We slept out all the time, sometimes at a campground, a rest area and sometimes just off the highway in the woods. A few folks took us in. We ate whenever we could cheaply....usually crappy stuff from a market and drank plenty of beer....your 2 basic food groups,lol.
    At Yosemite, we ran into a guy from CA that was dealing some really clean, pure "Orange Sunshine" acid. We bought enough to trip maybe 5-6 days out of the 2 weeks we were there. I'm not advocating taking drugs, but at that time, in that place and at my age it was heaven.

That's one hell of an experience! What a bad-ass!