Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 75.00 for one ounce of wheelchair touchup paint? SERIOUSLY?

Arrow 75.00 for one ounce of wheelchair touchup paint? SERIOUSLY?

has anyone ever bought touchup paint for their wheelchair? is Quickie's paint REALLY 75.00 an ounce ?

Outrageous. If they don't want to sell touchup paint, they should just say it instead of asking a ridiculous price.

That is absurd. I stopped caring about scuffs and dings a long time ago, and now I am glad I did.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    a quart of stain to touch up my maple cabinets is $500, of course it's a "special" custom color from factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    That is absurd. I stopped caring about scuffs and dings a long time ago, and now I am glad I did.
    Yeah, good point.........My new chairs are like my new cars I have had in the past.....I try my best to keep em from getting dinged or scratched but once that first one happens, its all downhill from there trying to keep it from happening again.

I know one thing is for sure. I will NOT be ordering any 75.00 an ounce touchup paint. lol

try a auto paint shop they might be able to match the paint for wayyyyy cheaper than quickie

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    Yeah, good point.........My new chairs are like my new cars I have had in the past.....I try my best to keep em from getting dinged or scratched but once that first one happens, its all downhill from there trying to keep it from happening again.

I know one thing is for sure. I will NOT be ordering any 75.00 an ounce touchup paint. lol

Funny true story that helped me keep things in perspective, although painful at the time. Way, way back, after saving money for a long time I got my very first new car. It was a car almost anyone would lust after. Fire engine red Torino, black vinyl roof with "opera window" and a massive 442 cu. in. engine. I loved that car and took it to the car was constantly. First winter rolls around and I go skidding down the driveway out of control in my chair and go plowing into the side of my very own car, leaving a nice little ding and a good size scratch. All that cleaning and worrying, and it turns out I was the one to do the first damage!

I just used a similar color of automotive touch up paint, it's way cheaper and I got a very decent match

I can have my chair powdercoated for $50 and it will be alot more durable ...... And whatever color i want !!!!!! Think i'm going to murder my chair out after the w2w !!!!!!!!!!!!!

just use a can of spray paint. at 75 dollars an ounce I'd tell whoever to go F themselves.