Thread: Need help please on this bed question.

Need help please on this bed question.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of hill ROMs Synergy air elite mattress?? I have been on a clinatron for several years. I recently switched to the synergy, and find it not so comfortable. Is this a quality product? Is it the usual step down from the clinatron??

Thanks for your help
    Shamrock

I'm wondering why this post was moved? I'm a c4 quadriplegic, with bilateral ischial wounds. Obviously the bed is part of my wound care, well-being etc. hence care???

I would think wounds pertain to care? Wounds that have taken literally years to significantly heal have noticeably changed in a negative way on this new bed. I would think that would have something to do with health/care. One of the contributing factors of switching beds, was back injuries/problems with two people I employ. Maybe if the subject doesn't fit the criteria for care, it could be filed under caregiving. At least that would in some way help me. I'm not endorsing are trying to sell any equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    also if your caregivers cannot do the job you need them to do with the bed that you had then maybe you should be looking for new caregivers and not new equipment. just a suggestion especially if your wounds have gotten worse with this new equipment change.
    the clinatron for home use is probably not even 3 feet off the ground. Any human being that worked around it would likely develop back issues. Thanks anyway for the help.