Thread: Dragon speak question about dragging?

Blog Entries

Dragon speak question about dragging?

hello all,
    I am a c4c5 Quad. I can move a mouse with my left hand on my lap desk. Use the Dragon speak for everything else. Have not been able to figure out how to highlight an item or word. Also, have not been able to figure out how to drag an item. Would love some help with this! Thank you in advance.

I don't know what version you are running or what operating system but I am running Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 and if I switch to the DragonBar, then click help, then help topics and enter “dragging” it brings up some dragging options. Fortunately for me I don't need to use this facility in Dragon and I must say it's seems very limited but I hope this helps.

Cheers

Hi Peders. Fellow c4c5 here. To drag something with the cursor in Dragon just get the pointer where you want to start then say "drag mouse right" or what ever direction you want to go (up, down, left, right). Then when it gets to the spot you want say "stop".
    You can also speed up the dragging motion by saying "faster".

I'm not a big fan of this technique though. Dragon sometimes misses when I say the word stop so files will end up getting moved off to the side of the screen or I end up highlighting way too many words. I find that the built-in speech recognition in Windows is much better for this kind of thing. It's just a simple starting mark on the MouseGrid then another Mark to tell it where to drag. It's just faster and easier.

I'm curious though, are you using a regular mouse to control your computer?

If you go to the mouse settings there's a thing called click lock which let you hold down the mouse button when you're hovering over something for a few seconds. That's what I use to drag stuff
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.