Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Justin hit by semi, but is ok

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Still a neurotic nervous wreck. Still convinced Steve guided his son. Steve was often exasperating but he could drive like a mofo, fastest reflexes I've ever seen. Obie, it was Justin, not Jake (for once.)

The sage sounds like a plan. Maybe I need an exorcist too?

Thanks for understanding, all. I'm ready to cap Jake for acting like I'm being a drama queen. One of my best friends got that phone call a year ago, but it was from the highway patrol. Her son Tim, 2 years younger than Justin, bit it in the pines of East Texas. He never called his mother again.

She is weighing heavy on my mind today. Damn we got lucky.

PS-Where does one find a sage-r? Under Shaman on Craigslist? (If so they probably offer full-body massage w/ happy ending, too! )

One of my best friends got the phone call last night, her son was 17. She has been on my mind all day today. I just can't imagine.

I am sooooo glad Justin okay. I can't imagine coming up on the wreck and recognizing the vehicle and realizing it is my child either. ((((hugs and strong drinks for you girlfriend)))) and a few prayers can't hurt.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Can't rent car, as have no credit cards. Talked to neighbor, 27 yr highway patrolman.

Me: Justin spun out, was hit by semi, Sat. night.

Neighbor, straight faced: Did it kill him?

This man has notified a lot of families. He really thought I was leading up to "And now he's dead."

My heart hit bottom when I read it quickly........ My mother's car was hit by a semi almost in front of the house....doa. She and the neighbor lady were on their way to church. It will be thirteen years ago soon. It killed them both.....no skid marks from the semi. He walked away. No, he drove it away.

Thank God, this one did'nt get Justin and his girlfriend. I know how shook up you must feel, and rightly so. Whether the semi is at fault or not, four wheelers don't stand much of a chance. So it is dam scary. Take it easy for a few days Beth....what could have happened, has a way of coming back and getting to your nerves!

Oh SMM-That is a heartbreaker.

Yes it was......that's why I know even a close call is terrible. It's hard to believe the two kids were'nt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories View Post
    My heart hit bottom when I read it quickly........ My mother's car was hit by a semi almost in front of the house....doa. She and the neighbor lady were on their way to church. It will be thirteen years ago soon. It killed them both.....no skid marks from the semi. He walked away. No, he drove it away.
    Oh, that's so sad! I'm sorry to read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Oh, that's so sad! I'm sorry to read that.
    Me too, OMG T, I'm sorry.

When I think of the ppl scraped up w/ shovels on I-40...well, it's not helping my agoraphobia! Justin is in disbelief that I have no plastic and can't help. But it's true, and it's a minor thing compared to what nearly happened.

Having no plastic these days is not such a bad idea. Interest rates are ugly. I finally got one for emergencies, but if we do use it, it's paid off monthly. Most of the time, we use our debit card like a credit card, but I don't shop much anymore and usually just use cash. You'd think that would be good enough to rent a car. My kids keep telling me someday we'll all just use plastic.......shoot...seems like you don't even get paychecks these days.....everything is direct deposit.

The friend that hit me with the ATV he was driving, which caused my injury, was the same friend that three years early, blew a stop sign and drove into the path of a semi, killing one of our best friends. The chances of walking away from a crash like that can't be very high.