Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: C1 & C2 Injury

I had wondered how your mother and family were doing. My heart goes out to all of you.

This entire thread reminded me that i need to fill out an DNR/Health Care Proxy Form. I respect other peoples decision- but for me, I would never want to live in an vegetative sate in any facility having state workers taking care of me.

Quote Originally Posted by debbier View Post
    This entire thread reminded me that i need to fill out an DNR/Health Care Proxy Form. I respect other peoples decision- but for me, I would never want to live in an vegetative sate in any facility having state workers taking care of me.
    We did that about a year ago and good for peace of mind Deb.
    Like you, i respect everyone's choices.

I think that stating the conditions under which you would want to live (if unable to communicate them) via a Living Will / "Healthcare Advanced Directives" is something every adult should do. For one, it takes the pressure off your loved ones to potentially make difficult decisions regarding your healthcare, and it puts you in control.

In advance of my surgery last year, I put mine together, and have a link to where you can download a free form for your state. I made the one for Florida a fillable PDF file. Details and links are here:

http://www.lookmomnohands.net/free_f...ll_Florida.htm

God bless all.
    Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Please read my message to you carefully. Its not meant to insult anyone only to show proof that your words are hurting your mothers progress. You need to change what your saying about your mother, start speaking positive over her life, stop telling about all the problems. I know because I was like her. After being in an auto accident and going threw a windshield and breaking my neck, I ended up like your mama. I couldnt move, I couldnt speak, all I did was cry. They thought I was dieing, but deep down inside I was VERY ALIVE, I could hear everything they were saying but I just couldnt speak, I couldnt tell them what I wanted to say. I was screaming inside, listen to me as long as I'm breathing, I'm still here with you! Dont give up on me ! The doctors are wrong,Im here, Im listening, Im praying for healing. I was later sent to a nursing home to live and was very sad,
    Then things changed, A booklet by John Osteen was read by a family member. "There's a miracle in your mouth" What you say, is what you get. Read it, it works! I'm now healed, talking, up and moving around and living alone doing my own cooking, house work, and bathing, going places and living my life to the fullest ! It worked for me and it will work for her. Theres a video you can listen to by John osteens son, a preacher that tells you more. Its here, listen carefully..plz
    May God bless her with healing soon !
    cheryl
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2xgeXe-NvP0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by cheryls wheels; 03-11-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Gabriela, I was wondering how your family was doing and went to your mother's Caring Bridge page - and saw that she passed in September 2012. I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family did everything possible for your mother, and your love and devotion are shining tributes to her. The first year without your mom is especially tough, how well I know. Blessings to all of you.