Thread: Want to quit smoking

just stop. Simple and cheap.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

yep, thats the hardest and the easiest at the same time, 3 days and all the nicotine is gone, but its the mental part you have to get by, decide your going to do it and just do............i thought i was gonna die, then realized that i lived 20 years before i started and didnt die, i had most of my friends that had quit and survived, so i could live without them too, even though i loved my smoke!

Blog Entries
    It is impossible to quit until you *truly* want to quit. If you sorta want to quit, you will find excuses to have "just one more" - a lot.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Chantix worked well for my wife, but it can have serious side effects.
    4xquad

Try the "electric" cigs? I am an on n off smoker for so long. If I ever get the urge again, I'll get the faux cigs. I can quit very easy but the oral or hand motion fixation kicks in especially if I drink around smokers. I hate the smell and if I start, it makes me feel queezy!

http://www.sneakyreviews.com/electro...rette-reviews/
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

I find it curious that a doctor needs to ask for help in learning about tobacco use cessation on a public website, but I will play along (for now).

Here are some good resources:

http://www.lungusa.org/stop-smoking/how-to-quit/

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Gettin...ubHomePage.jsp

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Strange, the original post has been deleted???
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Spammer. We will leave this here for a little while, then remove all these responses too.

(KLD)

Well I know it was a spam but I quit a while back , but started smoking a few cigars a day , I know its as bad but with cigars I dont inhale as heavy and not as often as cigarettes , but back to the subject .
    In Florida there are plenty of hospitals that have quit smoking classes where you can get all of the quit smoking stuff for free like the patches and gum and support thats how I quit the last time , and still have not had a cigarette just the cigars.
    But that big billion dollar law suit for the tobbacco companies has to pay for the quit smoking classes so they are free if you can find them and it worked for me..
    Gary