Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defining a cure! what are your expectations?

Although Wise may be right in scientific terms, i would rather take a realistic and pragmatic approach focusing on what may be achievable. Jenny's assessment was right when reality sets in you do start to reassess your goals.

The title is wrong. A definition of a cure is a definition of a cure, nothing less nothing more, it doesn't depend on the person.

And what you expect to recover in your lifetime from some sort of treatment, that's completely different.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Ox is right.

Apart from that, I hope to experience Progress - the lack of that, is part of what kills me..
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    The title is wrong. A definition of a cure is a definition of a cure, nothing less nothing more, it doesn't depend on the person.

And what you expect to recover in your lifetime from some sort of treatment, that's completely different.

Here are two answers Oxy both are correct
    1) An agent, such as a drug or treatment, that restores health; a remedy.
    2) Something/anything that corrects or relieves a harmful or disturbing situation:

i'm going after number 2

I'll stick to what Wise said - a third party can't tell i've been injured, then my walking would look normal and be quite healthy

When I read Wise's on a cure would be no one would ever know I was injured. Almost a year ago I hung my everything on that thinking by now I surely would fit into that catagore, now today I do not. Now I pray I need more tome, but the reality is I am scared this is my time, it is what is is and I don't want to give up, but I might have to be realistic.

I know I should feel grateful that I can walk even with a cane, but it is so painful I can't hardly stand it. I see a pain Dr. on Monday maybe I can get some answers because my neuro says the same thing nerve damage may take a long tome to heal. What if they never do...I will get worse is my biggest fear.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

I'm with OX!
    Let's all do our own little part to get this cure here.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Ugh. Pointless thread.

im c4-5 and i dont have any movement from the neck and down..so if i have my arms back its a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Ugh. Pointless thread.
    Why Pointless?