Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Defining a cure! what are your expectations?

When I was first injured, fourteen years and five days ago, I had an expectation that a cure would happen in my lifetime and defined a cure as being completely fixed. When I first found CC I looked at the Cure forums and hardly looked at the other forums. Now I have stopped expecting today to be the day that a cure is announced so I check the cure forums with less of a sense of urgency.
    I still have hope that a cure might, possibly happen in my lifetime. My defintion is still the same but now I would be ecstatic if only a partial cure were available. For now, even if I just recovered enough sensation that going to the toilet was a result of feeling the need to rather than because it was part of a schedule and if I was not worried about being ambushed by pressure sores that would be fantastic. Walking would be excellent and I am still convinced that it will be the normal state of recovery from SCI within the next few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    FPF,

I agree. These same predictions, recovery expectations, and close proximity to a cure were posted back in 2002 by many forum members based on the work of Giles Plant in Australia, John McDonald, Carlos Lima, and others.
    Somehow I doubt revisiting a topic after 9 years is going to traumatize anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweeds View Post
    Somehow I doubt revisiting a topic after 9 years is going to traumatize anyone.
    Yes i have read them too and learned a lot about realistic expectations.
    However i refuse to be pessimistic.it only takes that one good solid breakthrough for a tidal wave of researchers and medical companies to ride this this wagon.

That is a cure:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFYSUPlZmcg

The rest is just a big amout of.... guess what?
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

good commercial, but it's almost 11 years old and still no reality to it... So what
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

cure coming????

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    good commercial, but it's almost 11 years old and still no reality to it... So what

i look at it as a slow cancer, it saps your will with the consitent pain. no matter what you do the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train
    ddd t1-6, f/x t8 thru t-11, fusion at t-9/t-10, 1 1/2" bruse on cord, fusion at t-12/1-1, lamy at L-1/L-2, foraminotomy at L-3/L-4 , protrusion at L5/S-1. ain't much left to fail
    Well I guess I was wrong.