Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZR2 - Loose Camber Plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    For me a CF camber bar just doesn't make sense. There is so much stress and flex on it that CF can't handle. How much weight is saved between a CF and aluminum bar?
    Actually it does make sense. Strength wise it's more rigid n stiffer if made well. I ride my chair down small levels n it does not flex. It's actually very rigid. Weight wise, i do lots of car transfers in a day due to work n every gram counts, hence I was pleased to order my chair in the supalight edition

Guess I am just too "Old School" lol I seem to think of CF as just a better version of fiber glass; guess it's not.

Smokin,

have you contacted our Customer Service Dept. about these issues? If not, send me the serial number of your chair and I can help.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    Smokin,

have you contacted our Customer Service Dept. about these issues? If not, send me the serial number of your chair and I can help.

Yes Sherry Pond reverted and she will be sending the camber tube as well as castors. Thanks

Just thought I'd drop an update that I've received both castors and a new CF Camber Tube today from my local shop who ordered my TiLite.
    Rather quick and fast response from TiLite. Thanks!
    Hope this new Camber tube will address the previous issues I had. Will post an update by end this year!

Good news! Have a great weekend!

Hopefully your new tube holds up! Does anyone know if the first ZRA's used CF camber tubes and if so, did they have these problems?

I am currently using a loaner tube as my tube actually twisted and sheared off the little screw Tilite had inserted on each end to prevent the plugs from sliding out. I'm lucky I didn't lose a wheel last week while I was zooming around Manhattan!

Quote Originally Posted by jackson233 View Post
    twisted and sheared off...
    Jackson, can I get some more info from you on this???

So after almost a year exactly the tiny screws in my REPLACEMENT tube are working their way out. So frustrating. Because I have MS I don't use my chair probably half as much as most of you, and yet it has been one problem after another. Between problems with the chair itself and the reseller I am fed up! I can't image what kind of shape the chair would be in if I used it everyday!