Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZR2 - Loose Camber Plugs

TiLite ZR2 - Loose Camber Plugs

I received my wheelchair early 2011 and already am having some issues with it. Besides the shaky backrest that is now rectified, her's more.
    Both my castor hubs are cracked and I got a loose camber plug that's causing a lot of creaking sounds. I wonder what other issue this ZR2 will have in the months to come. I am also starting to question the reliability of this ZR2. Perhaps I should have just gotten the Helium instead (which is lighter btw).

Isn't that the same issue Stephen 212 had? Didn't he get a new camber tube and now all is well?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

the problems with the ZR2 is one of the reasons I went with a seasoned, no problem Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    Isn't that the same issue Stephen 212 had? Didn't he get a new camber tube and now all is well?
    yes (thread)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I had the same issue, the end cap on mine came out quite a bit further. I have a vid on my website showing the same issue.
    They did send a replacement that had a pin inserted in the carbon fibre then into cap to prevent this. SO they do have an updated tube.

Unfortunately the pin on one end is migrating out now for me. Im quite surprised they have not done some sort of recall on this. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    Yes t is the same problem. Seems like only a handful in this forum is experiencing this problem. But it's still bad enuf that you received a new camber tube n it's now coming loose again

could this be a carbonfiber axel issue?

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    could this be a carbonfiber axel issue?
    Well I hope they addressed the pin issue otherwise TiLite will be replacing every carbon fibre camber tubes that they have sold.

For me a CF camber bar just doesn't make sense. There is so much stress and flex on it that CF can't handle. How much weight is saved between a CF and aluminum bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    For me a CF camber bar just doesn't make sense. There is so much stress and flex on it that CF can't handle. How much weight is saved between a CF and aluminum bar?
    F1 cars frames are made in CF, and there are really stress and flex.
    The problem comes when things aren`t well done.