Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TiLite ZR2 - Loose Camber Plugs

Oh my, even the REPLACEMENT CF camber tube is experiencing problems?
    I had mine replaced by TiLite almost a year back and with this issue you facing now, I had better check mine coz I use it daily and I do wheelchair to car transfers min. 4 times a day and yes my ZR2 gets the usual daily banging.

I also had my plastic castors replaced by TiLite once and its now cracked again for both and TiLite wrote back to my dealer and told me that the fllowing:

I do apologize for the delay in my response. I have just returned from vacation and was hoping you had received the information you needed while I was away. I have attached the quote for you to review. This type of problem is not something that is common or that we hear about often. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Regards,

Tiffany Pond
    CSR Processing
    TiLite
    mailto::tpond.tilite@gmail.com
    P: 800.545.2266 Ext. 319
    F: 866.586.2413
    www.tilite.com

CHOICE MATTERS™

What a load of bull, obviously the person that replied do not know the issues about the ZR2.

TiLite, I hope you are listening!!!

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    My CF camber tube on my TR3 doesn't even have any pins/screws on the plug. They must have finally found an epoxy that works for holding the camber plug in the tube?

Quote Originally Posted by jackson233 View Post
    So after almost a year exactly the tiny screws in my REPLACEMENT tube are working their way out. So frustrating. Because I have MS I don't use my chair probably half as much as most of you, and yet it has been one problem after another. Between problems with the chair itself and the reseller I am fed up! I can't image what kind of shape the chair would be in if I used it everyday!

It's a pin, not a screw and it's there as a backup in the event the epoxy holding the camber plug loosens. Your camber plug appears perfectly intact. Just the same, the pin should not be sticking out and TiLite needs to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    It's a pin, not a screw and it's there as a backup in the event the epoxy holding the camber plug loosens. Your camber plug appears perfectly intact. Just the same, the pin should not be sticking out and TiLite needs to address this.
    Pin, screw, whatever, the POS is working its way out and the last time the plug twisted and sheared the thing right off and my tire almost fell off. For almost 10 grand I expect a better product that doesn't have problems every 2 months with such little use. 2 months ago it was the slipstream forks that kept bending... and 2 months before that it was the soft rolls that kept peeling off. I've got either a lemon or a POS product.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson233 View Post
    Pin, screw, whatever, the POS is working its way out and the last time the plug twisted and sheared the thing right off and my tire almost fell off. For almost 10 grand I expect a better product that doesn't have problems every 2 months with such little use. 2 months ago it was the slipstream forks that kept bending... and 2 months before that it was the soft rolls that kept peeling off. I've got either a lemon or a POS product.
    I think it might be a lemon you are dealing with. My Tilite TR2 has been perfect since I got it. No creaks or loosening or anything breaking and I've put a ton of miles on it. Use it every day. It's also taken a lot of curbs and stairs, carried lots of groceries, been through weather, off road on dirt gravel and sand and been tossed in and out of cars and boats. I have a folding back and I live in San Francisco. My girlfriend pushes me up some really steep hills and still no problems with the seat back lock.

It happens that we get good or bad chairs sometimes. Sometimes the chairs just aren't a good design or build but my TR2 has been so reliable (and that's the most important thing to me) that I am expecting to make the TR3 my next chair and I'm looking at it at the Abilities Expo in a couple of weeks.

I am really sorry about the problems you're having. I've been there, it's awful. I don't know if it has any part of the problem has been because of the CF parts but when I was on the phone a week ago with a Tilite employee we went over the titaniun versus carbon fibre thing. He convinced me that the weight difference wasn't worth it if that was my only goal. The titanium was stronger and more reliable. I go for reliable since my nightmare is my chair breaking down.

I know we all have different experiences. Mine with Tilite has been great. I feel like they've got me for life.