Thread: foot rest repair

foot rest repair

I have the GT and the bar for the foot rest has broke. Have duct tape holding together as it broke last night. Think that it is aluminum and am eligible for new chair, 5 years be up, this coming January so dont want to order new foot rest. anyone experience this and if so how did you repair it?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiang View Post
    I have the GT and the bar for the foot rest has broke. Have duct tape holding together as it broke last night. Think that it is aluminum and am eligible for new chair, 5 years be up, this coming January so dont want to order new foot rest. anyone experience this and if so how did you repair it?
    Thanks
    If it's broken at a straight part, you can visit a good hardware store, purchase a short piece of aluminum tubing that fits just inside the broken tubing, and epoxy it inside.

If it's broken at a bend, seek out a someone who can weld aluminum.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>