Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTS Omegatrac

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA

MTS Omegatrac

We know that Next Mobility was taken over by Miller Technicial Services, a company with no wheelchair experience.

I have been calling and e-mailing them for the past year in an attempt to make contact with one of their manufacturers reps.
    Well it seems that they only have one for the entire country and she handles everything, including all the expos and such. She dosen't even bring any of the wheelchairs and depends on local DME's to supply what she needs. Don't think such a good idea.

Finally after MTS not answering or ignoring repeaded messages from me and the VA seating clinition, there is a kind of breakthrough. Chris, the woman who answers the phone actually has order forms available and even a special one for the VA.

So it appeaars that all folks need to do is fill the forms out, submit them, pay a small fortune and the chair will be theirs after the appropriate wait time.

There are two significant changes to the Omegatrac, the electronics have been down graded from LiberT to P&G which sucks big time. As a quad, any controller with raised buttons creats a possible catstrophe. It is impossible to steer a powerchair with dead fingers without hitting the buttons and just one contact with the on/off button at full speed can kill someone. The Premier controller on my chair has a smooth face and has never failed in 6 years. Also the Actiback which was standard, now is an upgrade and cost around 350 bucks.

The Omegatrac is not for everyone. It is heavy but that makes for a low center of gravity which is critical for off pavement use and I thank TEFTEC everytime I need to run off the road at speed, to avoid a log truck. There are significant drop offs from the pavement onto the disapearing road edges. It has the best suspension of any powerchair with 4 inches of lift, controlable front and rear with an onboard air compressor.

Only time will tell if what other changes MTS made to the wheelchair will hold up or not and if their service is worth a dam.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 10-04-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

one more time,

thanks
    C 5/6 Comp.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

What are you asking?

MTS took over the production of Marvel as well. I may have some email addresses buried in my inbox somewhere. I'll check later if you want (replying from my phone at the moment).

Thanks a lot scott. Holy cow, took over the Marvel also. Quite a challenge for a newbee chair company.

I was just sending it over so the last folks could see it.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

Omegatrac findings

Hello All, I currently have 3 Omegatracs... all bought used online. 2 of them work well with Air, tilt, leg lift... I love the chairs and nothing compares to them. I am 5 year post injury and finally feel I found the chair but hate that I cant find any contact with company that owns or operates these chairs. I just plan to maintain mine for the rest of my life??? Please include me in your posts and accured info you find.

I am in (Point Richmond, California, USA) where are you?

cheers,
    dan

Miller Technicial Services maufacturers the Omegatrac.

Just google Omegatrac.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

Omegatrac For Sale

I have a Omegatrac for Sale, I don't know what I want for it I just thought I would take offers. It's about 8 years old with very low usage it needs batteries and inter-tubes. There is a scooter type seat on it but other than all this it runs very well. I just hardy used the chair if your interested send me some info.

HR

HR, you need to list this in the equipment for sale forum. Better chance for sale.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    I have a Omegatrac for Sale, I don't know what I want for it I just thought I would take offers. It's about 8 years old with very low usage it needs batteries and inter-tubes. There is a scooter type seat on it but other than all this it runs very well. I just hardy used the chair if your interested send me some info.

HR
    I am interested, but cannot figure out how to send you a private message. Can you send me a PM with contact information.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

I HAVE A CURE FOR OMEGA TRACK CHAIRS. I NOW BUILD MY OWN OFF ROAD CHAIR.
    www.wheelchairconversions.com
    I HAVE HAD 5 OMEGAS AND ONE AFTER ANOTHER THEY DIED. VERY SAD. I MISS THEM BUT SO MUCH MONEY TO REPAIR AND THEY KEEP CHANGING ELECTRONICS.