Thread: Nanotechnology and SCI

Nanotechnology and SCI

The smallest revolution: 5 recent breakthroughs in nanomedicine

Nanotechnology is a cutting-edge advancement within science and engineering. It is not a single field but an intense collaboration between disciplines...

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...icine/#respond

One of the 5 is about SCI cure.

I wonder why the study mentioned seem not to get much attention... maybe I am wrong otherwise I must be missing something..
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 10-04-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Allegra-d mastercard same day delivery

order Cipro on line purchase Cipro cod next day delivery Cipro delivered overnight order Cipro overnight cheap Cipro overnight no consult order Cipro mastercard in Scotland Cipro no doctors consult

[QUOTE=paolocipolla;1429175]The smallest revolution: 5 recent breakthroughs in nanomedicine

Nanotechnology is a cutting-edge advancement within science and engineering. It is not a single field but an intense collaboration between disciplines...

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...icine/#respond

One of the 5 is about SCI cure.

I wonder why the study mentioned seem not to get much attention... maybe I am wrong otherwise I must be missing something..[/QUOTE

Paolo,

I hope there are a lot of other groups we have yet to hear of.

Then boom we are there.

------------------------------------------------

Gelain is the vice-director of the Center of Nanoscience and Tissue Engineering in Milan. His work centers on developing nanomaterials to repair nerve tissue in victims of spinal cord injuries and strokes. He was a visiting professor at MIT and is an editor at the journals PLoS One and Frontiers in nanotechnology.

Vescovi, on the other hand, is one of the leading stem cell researchers in Italy and is interested in the regulation of cell growth. His focus is on neural stem cells in the brain and how to use them to treat disorders. He is the director of the Italian Consortium of Stem Cell Research and worked as the stem cell consultant for the Pontifical Academy of Life at the Vatican.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Interesting article, my wife has thought for years that nanostructures would play a role in repairing spinal cords....maybe she's right (don't let her know I said that, the part where she was right)

Even more interesting are some of the SCI research links that are at the bottom of the article, click on "References" by Gelain, F. and at the bottom of each page is more research data from various researchers.

Very interesting article

Gelain presented at StepAhead Autralia this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post