Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Here is what I'm going to accomplish today

Here is what I'm going to accomplish today

I was going to post this in my other thread, but I decided to make a new one that is specifically on what I want to accomplish daily. I will post in here every morning what I plan to get done each day and will come back at the end of the day to share what my progress is. I know I don't post much on this board because really I don't have much to add, but I am going to start doing this daily for accountability. This will or should encourage me to want to stay on track so I can post what I accomplished. If others want to share what they want to finish by the end of the day, then feel free to, but please lets stay on topic of the original post. I want to keep this one post open for awhile and want to stay focused on the original intent of it.

What I'm going to accomplish by the end of the day
    My ONE Missions assignment
    My TWO computer literacy assignments.
    Proofread and turn in my paper

I will post on here this evening to let everyone know if I finisehd these assignments.
    Last edited by faith9778; 10-05-2011 at 08:55 PM.

I completed and submitted my paper. I also completed my Missions assignment. I have read my computer literacy information to do those two assigments, but I haven't started them. I really think I'm going to bed very shortly and will just complete those two assignments in the morning. I am exhausted from not getting much sleep the past 4 nights and I know I will do better on the assignment with a fresh well rested mind.

I'm about to get started on my two computer assignments. They will both take awhile to complete. I don't know what else I'll work on today. It'll either be my Sunday School lesson or preparing to study for my Mid-term.

I know I"m not behind in any classes -except PS (I haven't done hardly any reading in that class) but I feel like I'm never going to get caught up. I want to get to a point where I can take one class and work on it a day. What I want to do is work on Sunday School on Mondays, then designate one day a week to work on each of my four classes from Tuesday through Friday and have the weekends off. But I haven't been able to get on that kind of schedule yet and it doesn't look like I will be able to get on that schedule next week either.
    Last edited by faith9778; 10-04-2011 at 03:35 PM.

This post is a great idea - and I guess a way to control procrastination. After many years I found something that usually works for me: Break the task down into unbelievably small parts. For example, 'for 10 minutes I'll get the computer on and printer loaded and notes, etc. nearby'. Then, 10 minutes to put stuff on the kitchen counter top for dinner prep. Then back to the computer to start the assignment - maybe allow 20 minutes at a time.
    I find it just too daunting to allow big blocks of time for a task....like a whole day.

I got side tracked due to a computer problem. So I decided to check back in here.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    This post is a great idea - and I guess a way to control procrastination. After many years I found something that usually works for me: Break the task down into unbelievably small parts. For example, 'for 10 minutes I'll get the computer on and printer loaded and notes, etc. nearby'. Then, 10 minutes to put stuff on the kitchen counter top for dinner prep. Then back to the computer to start the assignment - maybe allow 20 minutes at a time.
    I find it just too daunting to allow big blocks of time for a task....like a whole day.
    That is such a good suggestion. My problem is I have trouble getting back on task when I take a break. I like working on an assignment until it is completed. But I may try breaking things up into smaller tasks and take a regular break after completing those tasks.

I finally completed both computer literacy assignments. My computer has been giving me problems all day so I had to spend a couple hours fixing it. Therefore those two assignments was all I finished today. But now I have this weeks and next weeks computer assignments and my missions assignment that is due Saturday COMPLETED. It feels so good to complete things earlier instead of waiting until the last minute.
    Last edited by faith9778; 10-04-2011 at 10:54 PM.

For me, doing papers was an on task job. Taking breaks every 20 minutes disrupted the flow of thought. Once the brain realizes that this is the task we're doing, the ideas and flow just comes naturally. the breaks I took were usualy after a sction was done; depending on the timeframe. People do things different; the reward is finding the technique that suits you best.

Way to Go Faith. I knew you could do it. It must feel good to get the work out of the way.

This will get easier as you go. Sounds like we all learned a valuable lesson on procrastination. Earlier posts you were all distraught and ready so call it quits after the semester. This latest post sounded confident and excited.

THIS HELPED MAKE MY DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    For me, doing papers was an on task job. Taking breaks every 20 minutes disrupted the flow of thought. Once the brain realizes that this is the task we're doing, the ideas and flow just comes naturally. the breaks I took were usualy after a sction was done; depending on the timeframe. People do things different; the reward is finding the technique that suits you best.

Way to Go Faith. I knew you could do it. It must feel good to get the work out of the way.

This will get easier as you go. Sounds like we all learned a valuable lesson on procrastination. Earlier posts you were all distraught and ready so call it quits after the semester. This latest post sounded confident and excited.

THIS HELPED MAKE MY DAY!
    Thanks for the encouraging words.

Today I will work on my Sunday School lesson and organize some other Sunday School stuff. This will probably be all I accomplish because it will take most of the day. But it'll be good to get this completed. Actually I need to be finished with all of it by 6pm this evening when I go to church. After church I will run by the store for something so I don't have to do it tomorrow.

Frustrating about the computer problem. But, yes, there is always going to be "the unexpected".
    Great that you got those assignments done! Keep it up......