Thread: Has anyone got an EasyStand standing frame through Medicare or Medicaid?

Has anyone got an EasyStand standing frame through Medicare or Medicaid?

I am seriously wanting an EasyStand Evolve Glider standing frame, because my PT told me that the moving motion it offers might help with the spasms I get in my legs. I tried one out when I was in a nursing home back in 2008, after my total colectomy, and loved it! Standing in it was wonderful, and I wished I could have taken it back to my apartment when I was discharged from the nursing home.
    I was wondering, has anyone got theirs through federal and/or state insurance like Medicare or Medicaid? If you did, how many times did you have to appeal for the insurance to cover it? Are there other ways to obtain one of these standing frames for free if insurance won't cover it?

We have a loan closet where I live they lend out equipment.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I had a prescription wrote up far an EasyStand through medicaid(state) and was approved, but for just a basic standing frame. Better than nothing.
    It takes a good therapists, note from doctor, a good good dme to get one through. also depends where you are from, it's easier in different states.
    EasyStand has a funding department, contact them for more info.
    Last edited by jschism; 10-03-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: add

Medicare paid for my daughter's several years ago in Washington State. I believe if they say a piece of equipment is needed for cardiovascular, circulation or or other medical reason, they should pay for it. Anything recreational, no. I would have your PT keep pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
    I am seriously wanting an EasyStand Evolve Glider standing frame, because my PT told me that the moving motion it offers might help with the spasms I get in my legs. I tried one out when I was in a nursing home back in 2008, after my total colectomy, and loved it! Standing in it was wonderful, and I wished I could have taken it back to my apartment when I was discharged from the nursing home.
    I was wondering, has anyone got theirs through federal and/or state insurance like Medicare or Medicaid? If you did, how many times did you have to appeal for the insurance to cover it? Are there other ways to obtain one of these standing frames for free if insurance won't cover it?
    I just won my appeal at the Administrative Law Judge level for my EasyStand! Now my medicare advantage plan has to reimburse me. Keep appealing until you get to the ALJ level.

I also had help from Nancy Perlich from EasyStand who hooked me up with an attorney from Disability Rights Texas (and I don't even live in Texas!). This was all at NO COST to me! Contact Nancy Perlich at 877.844.1172, nancy at easystand.com

Don't give up. Stay strong and keep appealing!:-)