Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: low dose naltrexone?

Seems like he is the one who needs to check the Web!

Remarkable, PCP called in the script. Pharm has ordered it> Should have it by Friday. Uh huh.

now, if its the right strenght and actually does some good...

That's great - I will certainly be interested in hearing how it works for you.

My fingers are crossed for you.

So, supposedly, I pick up the RX tonight...and my insurance pays for it. Now if the dosage is right....

And...if it has some positive effect...

Think positive....

Hope you see some good results from it.

Its only been a week, but, my DW who loads my legs onto my wheelchair pedals every morning says they're easier to move.

When I get out of the chair after I come home from work, walking isn't better...but, it is a little different. I feel like my legs are weaker.

Any clues about talking 4 doses of 4mg Zanaflex daily along with LDN. Could I drop the Zanaflex entirely?

No clue about the meds - LDN for MS is still in the experimental/off-label stage, and I think you'll have to work closely with your doctor on pharmaceutical issues.

It sounds like you're already seeing some effects, and to me it makes sense not to make too many changes in your regimen at this point (otherwise, you won't know what's causing what). Above all, I would keep a detailed daily record of your progress - complete with dosages, times, results - to share with your doctor.

Smile Hi, I use LDN

Quote Originally Posted by willingtocope View Post
    I know this has been discussed before as a possible drug for MS, but it seems to have been awhile.

I know there has been a small clinical trial in California...with positive results.

Anyone have any recent knowledge? I'm going to ask my PCP for a script...but I'd like some evidence that I'm not just grasping aty another straw.
    Hi,

New on here, I use LDN and have been on it since 08, it has stopped my ms progression. I am now trying to get compounded 4AP. I preiously took copaxone and progressed quite a bit using it. Used it 4 1/2 yrs. Love LDN. I improved some too, but it is for stopping progression not restoring health to my understanding. I was diagnosed in 1988 and 1st had symptoms in 72.

Lots of information online at Skips Pharmacy in Florida. That is where I have mine filled and I live in Minnesota. I am sure there is a section you can print out for our doctor too for an explanation of ow it works.

Good luck!