Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Frustrated

I might as well quit everything because nothing ever goes right. I'm taking online classes and I just saw were I got a 0 for an assignment I turned in. I worked hard and for hours on that assignment, but apparently it didn't go through. Now I have to redo and resubmit the assignment and hope the instructor believes I did submit it on time. I I HATE when stuff like this happens. Now I have to add this assignment to my list of things to get done today. I guess I can forget getting much sleep tonight because I'm sure I'll be up half the night working on things. I should start doing schoolwork during the night and sleep in the morning hours anyway. Then I won't have to worry with company coming by or someone calling me when I'm working on schoolwork.

Why would you have to re-do the entire assignment?

I did a system recovery on my computer yesterday. I saved a lot of things but did not save this assignment since I thought I was finished with it. It won't take more than a couple hours to do, but it's irritating when I did do it and turned it in on time. I think I'm going to finish out this semester and that be it. I started out doing this for self fulfillment to begin with. But the stress isn't worth it.
    Last edited by faith9778; 10-01-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faith9778 View Post
    I did a system restore on my computer yesterday and saved a lot of things but did not save this assignment since I thought I was finished with it. It won't take more than a couple hours to do, but it's irritating when I did do it and turned it in on time. I think I'm going to finish out this semester and that be it. I started out doing this for self fulfillment to begin with. But the stress isn't worth it.
    Interesting, because System Restore DOESN'T affect files. (see link for more help)
    System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos, so it cannot help you restore a deleted file. If you have backups of your files, you can restore the files from a backup.
    Last edited by chick; 10-01-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Interesting, because System Restore DOESN'T affect files. (see link for more help)
    System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos, so it cannot help you restore a deleted file. If you have backups of your files, you can restore the files from a backup.
    I meant I had to have a system recovery done on my computer. It wiped out everything and took it back to the factory settings. But things seem to be fine with it now.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    I should get you to come fix my computer, chick.
    Daniel

HOORAY!!!!! I decided to double check my grades for my computer class and the last assignment that had a zero on it was changed to a 100! I worked four hours on the assignment and was dredging redoing it. It is such a relief to have one less assignment to worry with.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc View Post
    I should get you to come fix my computer, chick.
    Yeah, well, I have a knack for figuring things out

...and some things are just plainly in our face.

Buck up Buckaroo. It's one assignment; you learned a lot from it. Re-do and don't ever quit. Perhaps ask yourself if quitting is your norm when things don't go right. I have the feeling it's not the norm.

A good grade is not defined by the first assignment, esp. online. Not getting sleep is just part of school.

We put the stress on ourselves, not any assignment. It's usually because we didn't give it enough time or prepare for it. If you sent the assignment, shouldn't it be in your sent box in mail?

Trustfully, you're feeling this way because you just got the news that it wasn't turned in and no backup; that is very frustrating for sure. Look in the mirror, smile and tell yourself it could have been worse; you've learned some good lessons and reward that by writting an even better paper.

I checked what I turned in and nothing showed up. This assignment was for computers class. I had to do an excel budget chart. When I clicked on what I turned it, it showed a blank excel chart. So at least it does show that I turned something in. Maybe the instructor will still give me credit for it. I worked 4 hours on that assignment.