Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspension chairs

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Oracing is just a concept to most of us, not many have seen one. All I see is they really like to weld the crap out of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I can hardly wait to read the response.
    I just gave my opinion, that`s all.
    I don`t think that is an obligation that I should like the Icon, same as others maybe prefer Icon than Oracing or others, just different tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I just gave my opinion, that`s all.
    I don`t think that is an obligation that I should like the Icon, same as others maybe prefer Icon than Oracing or others, just different tastes.
    Well, there is one other little thing you seem to be missing... You came out pretty strongly biased against suspended chairs - I think that's what we're more interested in (especially since it IS the topic of this thread)...

I didn't see ToTo being biased. He merely said that for him they weren't necessary; esp. in the city. I agree. I"ve owned a suspension, Colours Boing, and thought it was heavy and not very good on anytype of slope. When I tried to push against the slope of the sidewalk, the energy went into the suspension rather than turning the chair against the slope.

From Wikipedia: "Bias is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives."

Quote Originally Posted by a la carte View Post
    Well, there is one other little thing you seem to be missing... You came out pretty strongly biased against suspended chairs - I think that's what we're more interested in (especially since it IS the topic of this thread)...
    Suspension chairs? yes, because i start speaking as you can read: as you know i don`t like suspension chairs.... but i don`t like the Icon, the Oracing, Quickie, etc.
    Was just for don`t start again a thread with a tittle like Oracing....
    And i remember you that wasn`t me who start speaking here about the Icon, someone start and i just gave a response, for this things are forums.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Suspension chairs? yes, because i start speaking as you can read: as you know i don`t like suspension chairs....
    It's OK not to like something. But to say you don't like to say something based on ONE (brief?) sample with no supporting points is just a little disappointing.

As you see, there are several of us posting on this thread who would not like to give up our suspended chairs! And we give reasons.

Perhaps you lead a different lifestyle (mine involves a lot of off-road in the desert and I am well-equipped for those unfortunate trips to cities, where I often need to hop curbs), or you don't like the weight, or the "mechanicalness" of the extra parts don't appeal to you, or whatever...?

It's OK not to like something. But to say you don't like to say something based on ONE (brief?) sample with no supporting points is just a little disappointing.
    ...?
    Yes, maybe you are right, but know i remember that was two brands with suspension that i have tried, the other was the Kuschall R33, and my experience pushing that shit wasn`t great, maybe others are different, but again, for my daily use suspension is unnecessary, maybe for guys like you is necessary, try with the Icon, but don`t buy the Kuschall is a really shit of suspension.

Btw Oracing offer like std suspension the Rock Shox Airo RL by Sram but you can choice the suspension that you want, even something like this the Monarch Plus RC3
    Last edited by totoL1; 10-01-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Do you remember why you thought the suspension didn't meet your expectations?

Suspension design is pretty complicated (I used to be a race car engineer, so that's how I learned about it). It is very possible that you may not know exactly what was wrong with it, I can definitely understand that!

One thing I see from the pictures is a problem with the geometry (relative pivot locations). There could be others, like a poor shock absorber, etc.

Do you remember why you thought the suspension didn't meet your expectations?

Suspension design is pretty complicated (I used to be a race car engineer, so that's how I learned about it). It is very possible that you may not know exactly what was wrong with it, I can definitely understand that!

One thing I see from the pictures is a problem with the geometry (relative pivot locations). There could be others, like a poor shock absorber, etc.

The GTM the rear frame go down everytime i pushed the chair, absorb part of the energy of my push.
    And the Kuschall was a really shit, the frame went from side to side among others things, and if you bend to one side to pick something of the floor for example, the frame bend with you, that day i think i get traumatized with the suspension chairs