Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspension chairs

Suspension chairs

As you know i`m not a big fan of suspension chairs, i think are something unnecessary for a daily use, is overweight that i don`t see necessary, but of course not everbody think like me, are guys who like them, that`s why Oracing have done their SX model, here are a few pics.
    Last edited by totoL1; 10-01-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    As you know i`m not a big fun of suspension chairs, i think are something unnecessary for a daily use, is overweight that i don`t see necessary, but of course not everbody think like me, are guys who like them, that`s why Oracing have done their SX model, here are a few pics.
    i saw that on my FaceBook. i may be wrong but i would think the shock would be more effective attached and pointing in the direction of the rear of the chair. those ORacing chairs look awesome and hope to own one some day. i in fact love having a shock absorber mounted under my ass.

I'm an advocate of them! Have a (modified) Quickie XTR with 26" wheels and ("suspended") Frog Legs with 6" soft rolls.

I need to get around well off-road. This chair allows me to get over stuff that used to "trip me up" without batting an eye. There is, of course, room for improvement! I have a new design with "corrected" suspension geometry drafted - just need to increase my fabrication capabiities so I can build it.

I have found many benefits, as expected: Less stress on the "chair" means the screws stay tight (no creaking), spokes stay tight (even after going over rocks, down stairs, etc.), it's very smooth and comfortable, etc.

I understand it can't be for everyone, because of the weight, etc. And there are some trade-offs (Everything has trade-offs).

My dos centavos worth...

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    As you know i`m not a big fun of suspension chairs, i think are something unnecessary for a daily use, is overweight that i don`t see necessary, but of course not everbody think like me, are guys who like them, that`s why Oracing have done their SX model, here are a few pics.
    The Icon is way more appelling to me. I still stink the Icon is sexy

looks almost like an xtr ripoff. Been using an xtr for 10 years and no way can I use a chair without suspension. You feel every little bump. Can't wait for my Icon to arrive so I can retire this heavy beast.

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    The Icon is way more appelling to me. I still stink the Icon is sexy
    Ain't NUTTIN' sexy 'bout XTR's... Except their drivers!!!!!!

That looks neat, I think. I agree, a bit like an XTR in design but probably much lighter and better made, I bet.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    but the welds are so nice on the Oracing

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    I still stink the Icon is sexy
    The Icon may change how people think about wheelchairs, but I'm not quite seeing the relationship here.

(The relationship between one's scent and the aesthetic appeal of the Icon)
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 10-01-2011 at 03:19 PM.

yep, looks like the xtr, they quit making the xtr and now they replaced it with dual shocks, one on each side versus the mono shock, i love mine, but i use it to ride my hardtail framed harley and it makes it like a softtail, works great, if i jump in my 4 wheel drive i just jump in my titanium......