Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Suspension chairs

ok, i will try one and see....

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    So you would like something like a floating independent suspension seat, but remember that almost all of us have dump, so we have more weight in rear seat than in front seat, so it will be a difficult and expensive work for just a wheelchair user, don`t you think?

A wheelchair user just need a good enough light chair to pick in-out the car easy, and if it have suspension we don`t need much travel, just a bit to absorb little curbs, because 99% of us only go down little curbs of sidewalks, strengely curbs more than 7", only down stairs and jumps for videos, but that is not our really use.
    So for the other 1% , probably much less, that like to go to skate parks, the market are not going to do much.
    Yes, something like the Icon, but with a only one central column holding the seat pan up. You're probably right, too much trouble than it would be worth.

The only thing I don't like about current suspension chairs is the sudden instability caused when the rear goes down, opening up the back rest angle and risking a back flip. To compensate, I need to set the chair up with a more conservative axle position/CoG than I'd like for just rolling around.

I setup suspension really softer than most. I use it for the everyday bumps and bings. Door thresholds, ramp transitions, even reaching up for something and relaxing back down causes a little compression. I have little to no need to navigate curbs or stairs. When I do, the suspension is off.

(I don't know how everyone else bumps down a curbs/steps but I'm able to lower myself quite gently just by holding the tires tight and maintaining the wheelie balance throughout. I don't just 'jump' it, letting gravity do the work.)

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    (I don't know how everyone else bumps down a curbs/steps but I'm able to lower myself quite gently just by holding the tires tight and maintaining the wheelie balance throughout. I don't just 'jump' it, letting gravity do the work.)
    If is not higher than this one i just jump it, if is high i do it like you.
    Here is me a few years ago video showing my two methods to go down a curb

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    only down stairs and jumps for videos, but that is not our really use.
    I've never been a video but go down stairs daily at my apartment. Not a lot of em, only about 5, but that's how I go to get to my parking long without going the long way around that I do when I come home. In a house in college I moved into a house with roommates that had a port about 6 foot tall, several steps that I went down daily, was there for over a year before building a ramp. So yea some of us do do that stuff for real use. At the time that was when I purchased the Baraccuda chair that had some crappy suspension, but it was a suspension and helped some.
    Most everything I say is