Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Human Centipede 2

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    I don't get it, did I miss something?
    He's referencing a thread in Politics, trying to make a point.

thanks Scorpion.

let's just say... I'm caught up.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Anyone see any good horror movies lately?

I was sick in bed two days ago and watched Sinister, only because I'm a fan of Ethan Hawke ... geezus it scared the crap out of me ... until the last bit. *spoiler alert* The ending sucked. It could have ended better.

I watched Mama tonight. It was alright ... not something I'd watch again though. Torn on how it ended. Did not recognize Jessica Chastain until after I read about it! Wow ...

I have not built up the gumption to watch The Human Centipede yet. lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Evil Dead remake done dark, with little to no comic relief to take the edge off.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I have not built up the gumption to watch The Human Centipede yet. lol
    I recently watched The Human Centipede 2 again, and I liked it better the second time. Still disgusting and over-the-top, but the actor makes it work. The first one works in a different way. I think chick saw the second one finally; maybe she'll pop in with a review.

I recently watched and dug Session 9. It's got a cool, old-school creepiness about it, and David Caruso isn't annoying.

Joe - I'm not sure what to think about the upcoming Evil Dead remake, but I'm psyched that Sam Raimi is making a fourth film in his original series, titled Army of Darkness 2, I think.

I'm about ok with the dark now but a few years back my wife had me watch the "The Ring" with her.

It was scary as fuck!.

And I STILL get fucking chills thinking of "Salems Lot" when it came to television in the early 80's....brrrr....that Bela Legosi looking prick at the window scratching to come in.....Jesus!.

Give me something actionish anytime with hot chicks, car smashes and guns...coool!.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Lol Wah, I watched that as a kid and that scene scared me for YEARS!!!!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Lol Wah, I watched that as a kid and that scene scared me for YEARS!!!!
    brrr god its freaky isn't it.

What I find most amazing about Stephen King is that he will transport you into a believable every day world of a normal boring person, then flip the situation into something so frightening and sinister and super natural you don't actually believe you are reading the same book....then bang he's back into people driving to the shop or hanging out the washing.

Like in "It" it was almost an extension of his short story "The Body" that got made as that movie "Stand by Me" where the story of the boys finding the dead body ended up being more about the friendship of the boys and the time it was set. Oh sure "It" is all about the clown but equally memorable was how he wrote about the friends who all grew up with this horrible secret.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

'It' literally scared me for years too.

Here's the funny part. I worked at the hospital then and finished midnights having finished the book. I lived in a 'not so great place' at that time as I was young and it was all I could afford ... I park, get out of the vehicle and proceed to go up my ramp when I see some stray balloons blowing in the wind.

If you know the story, my gawd I freaked! Couldn't get up that ramp and inside with the door locked fast enough!!! LOL

It won't be framed the same. Remakes should absolutely stand alone. From what I could gather, this does. Also, to have Sam and Bruce as producers overseeing the project gives me confidence the project will be worthy of my $9. Have heard of some weakness in the supporting actors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I recently watched The Human Centipede 2 again, and I liked it better the second time. Still disgusting and over-the-top, but the actor makes it work. The first one works in a different way. I think chick saw the second one finally; maybe she'll pop in with a review.

I recently watched and dug Session 9. It's got a cool, old-school creepiness about it, and David Caruso isn't annoying.

Joe - I'm not sure what to think about the upcoming Evil Dead remake, but I'm psyched that Sam Raimi is making a fourth film in his original series, titled Army of Darkness 2, I think.
    And the truth shall set you free.