Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Human Centipede 2

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino View Post
    La Horde is awesome. Dark, tense, claustrophobic, black humour, heroism. Everything a zombie movie should have.

I've seen The Host, Let the Right One In and Monsters but not Troll Hunter or Insidious.
    The Horde is good. It's not built on much plot, but is still thrilling.

Let the Right One In is dark and mysterious.

Insidious is really good. Although, it's another paranormal story, it's still produced really well.

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino View Post
    If you like Korean horror also try 'Thirst'
    I like some Korean horror, but there's also a lot of bad Korean horror and Asian horror in general that seems to just poorly and lazily rip off Ringu (the original to the American remake The Ring), wth a creepy ghost girl with long black hair over her face moving all creepily... and stuff. Arang and The Red Shoes come to mind.

But, I have seen Thirst and liked it. The writer/director Chan Wook Park also did one of the stories in Three... Extremes, and I first saw his work with the vengeance trilogy, of which Oldboy is definitely the best. That trilogy isn't horror, by the way, but pretty violent.

You might like the Japanese flick Audition. I'll check out La Horde based on your recommendation.

Ebert gave this one Zero stars.

But, is that a good sign since he refused to even rate the Original??

I wouldn't pay to watch it, but like the first one.... how can you not??!??
    Human curiosity demands I stream it

btw, I agree that the first one wasn't as viscerally creepy as I thought (wished) it would be. I guess the creep factor was more in the mental imagery it created ...but yea, I kinda wanted to see more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I like some Korean horror, but there's also a lot of bad Korean horror and Asian horror in general . . .
    But then, there's a lot of bad American horror, too.

But if you want some bad but fun 'horror'? Watch the Piranha remake.

Ever see the '80s movie House? Fun comedy-horror!

I am still traumatized by the preview of the 1st one *barf*

We watched "Jenifer" and the original "Last House on the Left" yesterday, my picks,,,,never live those choices down! But interesting Wes Craven was editor on original 1972 "LHOTL" and reproduced it recently
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Ebert gave this one Zero stars.

But, is that a good sign since he refused to even rate the Original??
    Given his review of the first, even though he wouldn't rate it, I think this review bodes poorly for the sequel. But I'll watch it! And I'd even pay to rent it!

Ok, I mostly hate Korean films, and I can't stand their comedy and I'm so sick of Asian horror period (what's with every undead ghost monster having long stringy hair and needing to see a chiropractor??).

I really liked Three Extremes (loved the dumpling one best!)

Rhino, if you haven't already seen, I think you'll like Piranha. It's a remake, but it's kind of an homage to the 70's animal attack B-horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post

We watched "Jenifer" and the original "Last House on the Left" yesterday, my picks,,,,never live those choices down! But interesting Wes Craven was editor on original 1972 "LHOTL" and reproduced it recently
    "Jenifer", Master of Horror ? The BEST of the MOH series is Imprint - it's skin crawling immacovermyeyesbutgottapeek good!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post

I like the original LHOTL better, more hardcore horror. The remake was okay though. Haven't seen Jenifer yet, but I like some of the other Masters of Horror series: Cigarette Burns, Incident On and Off a Mountain Road, Family, and like chick said, Imprint!

I realy liked the British movie Severance, too. Horror/slasher/black comedy.