Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: American Horror Story

Karen,

I wanted to refer you to the films which gained Jessica Lange such acclaim. In 1982, she was nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role for Frances and Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Tootsie. Many believe not only did she earn her Oscar in 1982 for Tootsie, but it was also given to her because Meryl Streep rightfully won Best Lead Actress for Sophie's Choice, despite it being such a difficult decision due to Streep and Lange having done such amazing performances that same year, but Streep's performance was much more deserving of the award. Lange would have won in another year. In fact, Streep's Sophie and Lange's Frances are consistently listed among the best performances of all time in film.

Finally, in 1995, Jessica Lange won Best Lead Actress for Blue Sky, a film that sat on the shelf for four years before its release, and when it did, it received so much acclaim, it ultimately lead to her win.

Lange is highly regarded for not only impressive acting, but winning such acclaim despite not playing the Hollywood game. She is also rabidly detested by some because she is vocal about her political opinions.

I thought the fans would want to see Jessica Lange accept her Golden Globe, and then the post-win interview:

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    I thought the fans would want to see Jessica Lange accept her Golden Globe, and then the post-win interview:
    Thanks Todd, was sooo happy she won, well deserved. Can't wait to see what happens next season and now i feel confident she will be back..

Lange is all class. She doesn't have a narcissistic bone in her body. There is an interview she did with Craig Ferguson to promote American Horror Story, and she even asked him if he gets tired of talking to actors because they're such little narcissists.

Enjoy:

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Lange is all class. She doesn't have a narcissistic bone in her body. There is an interview she did with Craig Ferguson to promote American Horror Story, and she even asked him if he gets tired of talking to actors because they're such little narcissists.

Enjoy:

Yes I see what you mean, not pretentious at all. You could almost see yourself having a chat with her at a coffee shop or something if you met her and didnt know who she was, lol. I'll bet she's a hell of an interesting person. She looks really pretty too. Thanks for the video.

Jessica Lange Wins SAG Award

After I saw her on Craig F and at SAG, I thought she might be a Farrah Fawcett type fog, I was very wrong.
    Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 01-31-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Resurrecting this thread.

I missed a few seasons so started it all over again - nothing beats that first season! Wish Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott along with Taissa Farmiga would come back! I heard Jessica Lange is no longer on it as well.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I watched Hotel last season and just finished binge watching the first 4 seasons while watching this season's Roanoke as well. There have been a few episodes this season where someone/something pops up unexpectedly and I've almost jumped out of my chair. Yeah, so far Jessica Lange hasn't made an appearance on this season.