Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sad and disturbing story of bullying ending in suicide.

A sad and disturbing story of bullying ending in suicide.

This poor boy had so much to deal with, and I literally do not understand the people capable of making his life hellish.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/09...c1_lnk1|100214

It is sad. It's my understanding that muscular dystrophy can be terminal. In any case, not a fun disease for children.

All I'm saying is that I think there was more at play here for the young man than just bullying.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Stories like this are reason there needs to be schools for the disabled that teach the mainstream curriculum

this happens every day. it's very very sad and disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyfskid View Post
    Stories like this are reason there needs to be schools for the disabled that teach the mainstream curriculum
    I wouldn't go that far. That would put us backwards 50 years. I'm glad I was able to return to school with my peers after going paralyzed at age 12 ... I almost didn't get to and that would have been more hellish on top of the change I was already dealing with. My friends saved my life back then.

It was a principal who came to my defense and backed my mother against a school board who wanted to 'ship me off.' His exact words were, "Spences have gone to this school for decades and we're not going to stop them from doing so now!" (small town)

Years later, I was present at his funeral to pay my respects and it was heartfelt. He saved me too.

Here is a local story that I remember as being the worst case of a prank gone bad at school:
    http://makechildrenbetternow.org/abo.../2-myles-story
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

This is yet another reason disabled children can benefit from helper dogs. I'm willing to bet if this sweet kid had been going to school with a large gentle lab as a helper the bully wouldn't have accosted him.

"The alleged assailant cannot be identified due to his age but the Wilson family hopes that the alleged bully can atone for his crimes.
    “He’s a lost kid. He hasn’t been loved, hasn’t been cared for. We don’t want to be a lynch squad. We want him to do community work with disabled people. All we are trying to do is help this kid understand that his life is going to be zip if he keeps on the road he is on,” Mitchell's grandmother told the National Post."

This says so much..the lack of empathy..for all, the poor, the oppressed, animals...this can and should be taught and part of a societies curriculum.. in the homes, schools or communities.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

My, god! An 11-year-old who even thinks of suicide, much less does it? Nothing short of tragic.

I don't know what is wrong with people.

Inspired by the adult animated tv show 'South Park,' it was 'Kick a Ginger' day at school today. The result was 20 students kicking this young lass:

http://www.windsorstar.com/entertain...450/story.html