Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procrastination

Procrastination

I am the worst at procrastinating. I have a lot that needs to be done, but I don't have any motiviation to do it. I have an assignment due on Saturday in one of my classes. I started it last night, but got bored with it so I went to bed. I have a paper due Tuesday that I haven't started yet. But I believe once I get started on that it won't take me long to finish. That's how I am, once I start something I don't like stopping until I'm finished. I also have to get a Sunday School lesson together for Sunday. I don't have a curriculum and found out that I'd have to buy it myself if I wanted one. I'm trying to save money and I've already spent plenty on my SS class so I am left with using what I already have and the internet. It'd be so much easier having a curriculum because I could have more time to study it and be better prepared for my class instead of having to spent time preparing a lesson from scratch.

I've got these three things that need to be done but I don't have any motivation to get started on any of it. I should do the assignment that's due Saturday to get it out of the way, but it's a lot of boring reading. I think I'll start on the paper that is due Tuesday. The thing is I have a drs. appointment tomorrow at 3pm and am doing something with my mom afterwards and she is staying Friday night with me. So I have from now until tomorrow before 3pm to work on a lot of this stuff.

Next week I have an assignment due Wednesday and one due Saturday and I really NEED to begin study for the mid-term in the boring class that I mentioned. I really need to get those two assignments done on Monday so that I can have the rest of the time to study for the mid-term. But that will depend of if I'm finished with my paper. If I'm not I'll be working on it on Monday. I'm also having company next week on Thursday evenigns and most of Friday so I won't get any studying done Friday. The mid-term is the following week on Tuesday, Oct. 11th. My birthday. I need to have several days to study up on the material because it's one of the harder classes. One that involves a lot of boring reading.

It just seems all so overwhelming. But it probably wouldn't be if I'd learn to prioritize and quit procrastinating. I also don't do any schoolwork on Sundays because I hang out with a friend between church services on Sundays. We also go to the nursing home with our church group a couple Sundays a month.

I feel so much better after a nice long shower. Now I'm about to get started on my paper and don't plan on stopping until it's finished. It shouldn't be too hard to do. I have to write about my top five strenghts. I have the information about them already. I just have to critic it on what I agree about it and what I don't agree with.

I've really got to get a system going for my schoolwork. I didn't really get any schoolwork accomplished Monday and Tuesday of this week and only did one assignment yesterday. I'm here by myself with no distractions most days but I still don't get things finished. Then there are times when I want to go do something but I can't because I have to work on my assignments that I've put off. So far I've don't well this semester though with turning everything in on time and doing well with it. But it's stressful when you don't have the motivation to do it until it HAS to be done.
    Last edited by faith9778; 09-29-2011 at 06:07 PM.

No one may be following this, but that's okay. It's been about 10 hours and I am almost done with my paper. I'm staying up until it is completed. I'll have a friend proofread it Sunday and turn it in Monday.

glad you got it done.

I had a fantacy about cleaning my apartment today.

sometimes when I am having a hard time waking up, I start dreaming I woke up, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and started my day. sucks to wake up and find it was all in my head and now I gotta do it over again.

I'm so ready to quit for the night, but I need to finish this. I'm just not sure if I'm taking the right approach to this paper. It's almost 4 whole pages and I still have a lot that I could add to it. But it's only supposed to be 5 pages.

It's a rough draft. Write as much as you need, and edit.

The annoying thing is I thought this paper was supposed to have an introduction paragraph, conclusion paragraph and five other paragraphs describing each of my five strengths. But nothing specific is showing up as to how the paper is to be written. I just want it written correctly because I've put a lot of work into it.

Well I got a lot of errrands done yesterday, laundry done and apartment completely clean, but I did not get anything done on my assignment that is due by 11 pm today or on my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. Looks like that is what I'll be working on all day today. But first I need to clean my chair thoroughly while I have some help. It's been a long time since I've cleaned it good. Hope that doesn't take too long. I also may clean out the stuff in my spare closest if I have time. It's a mess and I'm fixing to have to switch to that closest for fall and winter anyway.

Sounds like you have the classic case of procrastination. Quit the cleaning out the closets and get the paper done. The intro. is easy , it talks about what the paper is about. The body explains the what the intro. stated and the conclusion wraps up the intro and body. No big deal.

Write it, turn it in, get the results of what you did right and incorrectly and learn for the next one. That's what class and school is about.

I pretty much finished the paper around 1:30 am on Friday morning. I'm waiting to hear back from the instructor in if I am supposed to use Turbarian 6th edition or not. If I do all I have to do is correct that, then it'll be ready to turn in by Tuesday.

All I have to do today to my closest is get some boxex fixed that are on the floor. They are empty boxes that I'm keeping in case I ever need any. I am going to try flatting them so they will stand against the wall and not take up so much room. It's a mess when I open that closest. I'll worry with that clothes another day when I have to switch to winter clothes.