Thread: Instructions for posting a pic (in a post and as an avatar)

Instructions for posting a pic (in a post and as an avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    three years and i still can't figure out how to put a picture in a post. They always come out as attachments.
    1) in Advanced view, click on paper clip
    Attachment 42140

2) browse to and select attachment
    Attachment 42141

3) upload attachment
    Attachment 42142

4) close window after the attachment is uploaded
    Attachment 42143
    Last edited by chasmengr; 10-03-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

(Continued)

5) place cursor where you want attachment to appear, and click on attachment's name
    Attachment 42145

6) It should look something like this
    Attachment 42147
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I have an account on PhotoBucket.com. When you post a picture on their it will give you the direct link to a picture. Once you get that, click on the little picture button and you can add it there then it will show up on your post. Here's an example:

This is what it looks like right before you post it, without the _ in the very last part:
    [IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f211/rybread6/SCI%20retreat/Saturday%20August%2013%202011/SCIRetreat021-1.jpg[/IMG_]

Which turns into this:

I use Firefox. Any picture that's on the web I can right click on and copy the image location. I'm not sure if you can do that with Explorer. Hope this helps
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    I have an account on PhotoBucket.com. When you post a picture on their it will give you the direct link to a picture
    sweet!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Do you know how to put a profile picture up on here? I have one I want to use as my profile pic, but can't figure out how to get it on here.

pm me i'll be glad to help if needed

Quote Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
    do you know how to put a profile picture up on here? I have one i want to use as my profile pic, but can't figure out how to get it on here.
    1) while logged in,
    Attachment 42226

2)
    Attachment 42227

3) scroll to bottom of page
    Attachment 42228
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>