Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lesioned Spinal Column and GIGER MD Therapy/Just got this by e-mail/Does anybody know more??

I would suggest that someone contacted the company and asked how and where they got the adresses, since it seems that they did not get them from any mailing list that you have signed on to. Perhaps they are willing to answer. Most European countries have very strict rules regarding emails like this, so they probably have some kind of explanation.

B.T.W. I didnt recieve it.

How Much?

How much do one of those things cost? And where can we get one?

How Much ?

How much do one of those things cost ? And where can we get one ?

I believe the people who got e-mails from this company have their e-mail addy's listed on their member profile. Just a guess.

I can categorically state that the carecure site has never sold or provided, advertently (or to my knowledge inadvertently) the membership mailing list. It is suspicious, however, that so many people who come to this site have gotten the mail from the same company. Even the SCI-Nurse mail box received this advertisement and, to my knowledge, that particular address is not provided anywhere else but on this site.

So, I think that somebody indeed may have lifted the email addresses from this site. It is unfortunate but something that is not readily avoidable since many members do display their emails on their profiles. The good thing about the profiles, however, is that it takes a lot of work for somebody to go and click through all the profiles of everybody.

Interestingly, I did not receive this ad in my email even though my pipeline email address is probably the most public email address and has been around for 10 years. So, it was selective. I guess that they did not want me to know that they are soliciting our membership.

Incidentally, this company and machine appears to be one that is supporting the work of Schalow whose abstract I recently posted in the Clinical SCI Research Forum .

Wise.

Wise.

"Interestingly, I did not receive this ad in my email even though my pipeline email address is probably the most public email address and has been around for 10 years. So, it was selective. I guess that they did not want me to know that they are soliciting our membership."

Or they ran into what I did last week--your mailbox is full.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow."

i replied to their email .

asking how they obtained my email address and expressing my displeasure if they did get it from this forum .i also added if they wished they could join the forum as members . i hope i have not overstepped the mark by inviting them to join the forum .

thank you
    dogger

How much do one of those things cost? Where can one be bought? Has its use led to any documented improvements?

James Kelly

As much

As much as this hurts me; as much trauma as I have been though because they got my addressee--It will take me years to get over. I had a good cry last night about it. I wrote about it in my diary, called a few friends to let them know that some one got my email addresse. I think through some counseling and some support I will get over it some day.
    Until then I will try to get better and actually use the cure forum to seek a cure.
    Does anyone know where to get one of these? Any experiences? How much?

[This message was edited by chastev8 on Sep 23, 2002 at 03:03 PM.]

The equipment known as a "Giger MD machine" used to provide the intensive therapy necessary is actually correctly called GIGER MD medical device. For more information about this innovative and extraordinarily successful therapy method for sci-patients consult www.gigermd.com or contact the developer and provider on the no. 011 41 32 621 97 41 or by e-mail to comboag@gigermd.com