Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going on a fruit smoothie and vegetable fast

there you go faith, the ultimate meal, and you don't have to think about what you put into your smoothies, plus you get the added bonus? of hair growth

I tried a smoothie this evening. I put a banana, orange, ice and milk in it. It was okay. All I really tasted was the banana though.

I am going to try an apple and grape smoothie today, maybe not put as much milk in it. I think that may have been what made it weird.

I just had an apple and grape smoothie. I also put a small piece of watermelon in it. It was okay, but not that great. The weird thing is I put more grapes in it than anything but I tasted the apple more. I don't know how much I'm supposed to be putting in it. It was at 24oz. on the pitcher when I finished making it, but it didn't look like I was putting that much in it. I don't want have that much again.

I'm going to try some vegetables this evening. But all I have right now is whole cornel corn, green beans and carrots. I don't know if that will go well together.
    Last edited by faith9778; 09-28-2011 at 09:48 AM.

no corn no bananas they clog your bowels, just my opinion
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    My morning smoothie for the past 6 months consists of The Ultimate Meal in a base of vanilla rice milk blended with a banana, a handful each of frozen mango, pineapple, and blueberries available from Trader Joe's (only fruit, nothing else added). Nutritionally, I don't think you could ask for anything more.

The hair on my chest (and back) has never been more lush.
    The ingredient list on Ultimate Life Meal looks good. I stopped protein mixes after finding a bug in one, but may give this one a try. So, the cal. count (170) is the powder alone, right? I'm guessing, the total cal. for your smoothie estimates around 500 cal.? How does it taste mixed with just water?

Have you tried the Ultimate Life sweetener?

faith, if one of the reasons you are doing this is to lose weight, you might need to be aware of the calories you are drinking, especially since it can be pretty easy for it to add up when you juice things down - you'll be consuming more than if the fruit or veg are eaten whole.

Also, I think you have problems with your bowels? Eating fruits and veggies whole can not only provide the bulk so you feel more full and less likely wanting to snack or eat more, but you get the extra fiber to help your bowels get more regulated.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    The ingredient list on Ultimate Life Meal looks good. I stopped protein mixes after finding a bug in one, but may give this one a try. So, the cal. count (170) is the powder alone, right? I'm guessing, the total cal. for your smoothie estimates around 500 cal.? How does it taste mixed with just water?

I eat the Ultimate meal everyday for breakfast now. I am on my second prder already!

I only use water and follow the directions re: fruit...lol Stephen throwing in some highly glycemic fruits in there..and I am a mod hyperglycemic..so I try to stay away from mangoes..high fructose fruits. So

8ml WATER, peach or apple ( have been doing 1/2 and puting the other half in the next day as I get too full!) , extra blueberries and NO banana for me..(instructions say banana but my alcat test doesnt like bananas for me..(and someone said they slow us down?)

SO simple and I get all my greens, protein and fruits...in one meal!

I feel great, and am so happy I found it. Keeps my blood sugar stable and frankly I ate that and nothing till 4pm yesterday...and that is with walking the dog..so keeps energy UP.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Sounds good sherocks
    If it's good with just water, that's a good sign. I've been drinking almond milk (UNSWEETENED) quite a bit the last few months. Regular almond milk is disgusting to me, but unsweetened is really good (a sort of creamy nutty flavor) - and just 35 cal per 8oz. serving and TWICE the calcium of regular and soy milk.

btw. stephen, you mentioning Trader Joes reminds me to get my butt over there, one just opened up down the street from me, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post

I have not tried their sweetener, nor have I tried the UM with water only, which would be intensely unpalatable, I think.