Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Original Natural Fit Handrims or Surge?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbleChef View Post
    It's not just the grip, it's also how big they are. I have Carpal Tunnel because my hands are big and my handrims are small. $315 isn't that much to me if it's going to help my hands from hurting.
    I have carpal tunnel too but the handrims never bothered me. An arm ergometer, where I am holding on tightly for a long period of time, would make my hands hurt and be numb (at the same time).

Have you ever used the Natural Fit handrims before? What are you currently using?

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    Yes, the way I mounted the surge rims, there is .75" between the tire rim and the surge inside surface. There is another narrower setting that I have yet to try.

Pat
    Thanks, Pat. When you change to the narrow mount, please let me know what the spacing is.

I currently have tab-mount NF with thumb ring, but I tried a pair of wheels that had rivet-mount NF w/o thumb ring (5/8" spacing), and I liked it. If I didn't have to unmount my tires to remove my thumb rings, I would do it in a heart beat. I suspect the Surge would feel similar to the NF w/o thumb ring but with extra grip. So I'm thinking about getting Surges next time around; I just want to know more about their tab-mount spacing so I'll know how to have them mounted.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 09-23-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by rye1945 View Post
    I have carpal tunnel too but the handrims never bothered me. An arm ergometer, where I am holding on tightly for a long period of time, would make my hands hurt and be numb (at the same time).

Have you ever used the Natural Fit handrims before? What are you currently using?
    I haven't used Natural Fit handrims before but I hear that are good for relieving pain from Carpal Tunnel. I currently use the standard thin aluminum handrims. My hand is over 9 inches from the tip of my middle finger to the bottom of my palm, so a small handrim is like holding a pencil to me.
    Never Give Up!

I have carpal tunnel. natrual fit hand rims have helped alot with relieving alot of my hand pains. I personaly like the thumb gaurd. as I have small hands and I get my thumb stuck between the rim and the handrim. let me tell ya it hurts like H E Double hockey sticks. just like the push to break locks hurt when I get my thumb cought in them. I really Hate it when that happens. I have scars gallor on my hands from getting my thumb cought I even got my hand cought in the brake. I suppose thats why my OT and Doc want D's Locks and natrual fits with thumb gaurds.

Has someone tried both of the hand rims, Natural Fit Original and the new Surge? I have big hands and I want the biggest one to make it easier to grab a hold of.

What has your experience been with both? Or just one.
    I've never heard of Surge but I have two sets of NaturalFit both the regular size and the LT (narrower/lighter) and I can't use them at all. They caused me terrible pain in my forearms. I couldn't grip that wide. Even tried the narrow ones without the thumbguard and it still hurt. I was very disappointed since I had been wanting the NaturalFit's for years. Now they're both just more stuff getting dusty in my apartment.

Not everything works for everybody, NaturalFit's were a very painful fit for me.

Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I've never heard of Surge but I have two sets of NaturalFit both the regular size and the LT (narrower/lighter) and I can't use them at all. They caused me terrible pain in my forearms. I couldn't grip that wide. Even tried the narrow ones without the thumbguard and it still hurt. I was very disappointed since I had been wanting the NaturalFit's for years. Now they're both just more stuff getting dusty in my apartment.

Not everything works for everybody, NaturalFit's were a very painful fit for me.

Goodluck
    What size do you have? You're right, not all products work for everyone.
    Never Give Up!

What size do you have? You're right, not all products work for everyone.
    They're both for 24" wheels - had them on a set of Spinergy's.

I agree with Grommet... My Natural Fit LTs didn't work for me at all... I use Vinyl coated handrims on all of my wheels...

You can find them at sportaid http://www.sportaid.com/nfeg/ and get them for 30% off.

Jimmy Green

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    I've been using the larger surges for a month now. I like them a lot. They keep my big hands off the tires for the first time in 8 years! The only thing is that they make me wider with the way I mounted them. I'll try the narrower setting.

Pat
    what is that special about surge, is it a piece of rubber on top?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.