Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Original Natural Fit Handrims or Surge?

Original Natural Fit Handrims or Surge?

Has someone tried both of the hand rims, Natural Fit Original and the new Surge? I have big hands and I want the biggest one to make it easier to grab a hold of.

What has your experience been with both? Or just one.
    Never Give Up!

Surge comes in 2 sizes. and the grip is absolutely amazing. I tried some surges I was amazed. I use natrual fit LT's. when mine wear out I am getting surges.

I've been using the larger surges for a month now. I like them a lot. They keep my big hands off the tires for the first time in 8 years! The only thing is that they make me wider with the way I mounted them. I'll try the narrower setting.

Pat

I don't care if it comes with hookers and lobster. $315 is overkill to get a good grip.

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    I've been using the larger surges for a month now. I like them a lot. They keep my big hands off the tires for the first time in 8 years! The only thing is that they make me wider with the way I mounted them. I'll try the narrower setting.

Pat
    Pat, will you please post the finger-tip clearance dimension (between inside of Surge and outside of rim) for wide and narrow mount when you can?

TIA
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    I don't care if it comes with hookers and lobster. $315 is overkill to get a good grip.
    Worth every penny though...
    I'm Sam.

Yes, the way I mounted the surge rims, there is .75" between the tire rim and the surge inside surface. There is another narrower setting that I have yet to try.

Pat

I had natural fit, switched to natural fit LT. Both are awesome!!!

I just learned of "surge". Ordered demo. Will post review when Igetr them.

I tested the Surge during the development and now how a pair for good. The regular Natural Fits were too slick for me. I think that my hands are too dry for "plain" handrims. I have always needed vinyl coated rims to get a good push. With the rubber part of the surge, I can get a grip to push and with the uncoated area, I can let it run through my hands. It is the best of both worlds for me.

In terms of size, I don't think that there will be any difference. With the surge, to get a little bump with the rubber, but overall I don't think the size will be any different.

The only downside is that "Surge" makes me think about George Bush and Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    It's not just the grip, it's also how big they are. I have Carpal Tunnel because my hands are big and my handrims are small. $315 isn't that much to me if it's going to help my hands from hurting.
    Never Give Up!