Thread: 1 month without lyrica

1 month without lyrica

I have Officially gone 1 month with no lyrica and it hasn't been hard at all i thought the pain would be intense but i feel the same as if i were still taking it i no longer take any medicine at all now orally, the only thing i have left is a baclofen pump which i am keeping my spasms were terrible without the pump

m on 150mg lyrica a day . i take it before bed helps me during the night

larry - good job, I guess. Hey, it is a long haul for the next 3 or 4 decades, and if you find that the neuropain gets bad and you have to go back on Lyrica, don't consider it a failure or a setback.

I have taken breaks off the meds and hoped that I was done for good with these meds, then the burning becomes unbearable and I reach for the meds again. I did this over and over for 8 years and now have reached the conclusion that it may be necessary to take the meds to get through the day to be the most productive and sane I can be in this brief stint on the planet. But I wish you luck that you can stay off it and not suffer from neuropathic pain.

Congrats Larry... I have tried several times to go without.... It hasn't happened for me yet.... The neuroshit is just too intense. I am considering an electronic spinal stimulator.. The main reason I am considering it is to reduce the burden the meds put on my liver and kidneys!!! I hope I hope therefore I am!!!!

Hey Arn.. Hope things are mostly good with you.
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    I have taken breaks off the meds and hoped that I was done for good with these meds, then the burning becomes unbearable and I reach for the meds again. I did this over and over for 8 years and now have reached the conclusion that it may be necessary to take the meds to get through the day to be the most productive and sane I can be in this brief stint on the planet. But I wish you luck that you can stay off it and not suffer from neuropathic pain.
    100% the same for me.