Thread: Travel insurance

Travel insurance

What should a quadriplegic do regarding travel insurance? I'm flying from Canada to Europe next week and, looking through the online insurance plans, I can't find the 'paralysis' box to check for pre-existing medical condition. I'd like to be covered, but I don't want to get screwed with non-disclosure if something bad happens.

What do you guys do?

When we take cruises, we always sign up for the travel insurance as soon as we book, since pre-existing conditions don't apply if you do this within 48 hours of booking your trip. If you wait, you cannot get it due to a pre-existing condition such as SCI, MS, etc. I would assume that the same applies for other types of travel insurance.

(KLD)

Ups, double post
    TH 12, 43 years post

Nothing. I have never travelled without insurance and nobody has asked me anything even if they have seen my wheelchair.

And if we pay our trip with a Visa or Mastercard creditcard, we have travel insurance for 60 days. But I have a yearly insurance too, that is working everytime I go out of the house. That has worked all my life, only in the US they didn't want take my insurance.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    I use this company:

http://www.squaremouth.com/
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I have never bothered with it. My credit card offers the protection for free. I had to use it one time after a fender bender, but that has been about it.

Thanks guys! I found this to be most useful, however I am flying from the UK. Anyone experienced cover through www.essentialtravel.co.uk ?