Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Wheelin' Sportsmen archery deer hunt

Illinois Wheelin' Sportsmen archery deer hunt

I wanted to pass thing along from my friend in Illinois. It should be an awesome hunt. I think they MAY be able to get the license fees waived. Randy can give you more information. Sure wish I wasn't so busy with our hunts here in Virginia and I could make the trip.

http://www.illinoisnwtf.org/news.asp...t&PostID=18299

2nd Annual Wheelin' Sportsmen Archery Deer Hunt Announced

The 2nd Annual Wheelin' Sportsmen Archery Deer Hunt will be held November 5th and 6th at The Nature Institute in Godfrey, IL. The Nature Institute is a privately owned nature preserve expanding through 500+ acres of prime white tail habitat in the rolling hills above the confluence of the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers. This parcel of property is only hunted once per year, by the Illinois Wheelin' Sportsmen. Last year's hunt provided our lucky hunters with numerous opportunities at trophy class rutting bucks. We are looking forward to an even better hunt in 2011! For anyone interested in participating as a hunter or volunteer on this very special event, please contact Randy Green at illinoisws@gmail.com
    Last edited by DeadEye; 09-23-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Edited that they MAY be able to get license fees waived.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I sent an email.
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

great opportunity..........wish I bowhunted but Im firearms only.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I sent an email.
    Good deal Donnie. I have no idea what the response has been but if you get selected, it should be a helluva hunt. My buddy was guiding last year and he saw some nice bucks...and he knows nice bucks, having killed some monsters.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

David and I are already going. Randy is doing his very best to get Illinois Wheelin up and running!

I would love to go, but it has to be great to fly outta Jacksonville for a 3 day archery hunt. Don't get me wrong I'm sure they're some monsters, but getting w/in my xbow range compared to my 7mm mag range is quite a bit of difference..
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I would love to go, but it has to be great to fly outta Jacksonville for a 3 day archery hunt. Don't get me wrong I'm sure they're some monsters, but getting w/in my xbow range compared to my 7mm mag range is quite a bit of difference..
    I know exactly what you mean. I really want to try and make it next year but I'm going to try to line up hunting for other days to make it a worthwhile trip. Long haul from Virginia. Do you ever hook up with SC DNR for their deer hunts? That would be a quick trip for you. WS does one at the SRS nuclear facility but the deadline was Sept. 15th. Check out the hunt photos top left.

http://www.srs.gov/general/deer_hunt/mobilityhunt.htm

Randy said he had deer walking within 10 yards from him last year. Hope you decide to come to Illinois!

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    David and I are already going. Randy is doing his very best to get Illinois Wheelin up and running!
    Good deal MSW. Hope David whacks one. Patrick moved to just outside SF so he's working on lining up some hunts out there already.

Have fun!

I heard that. Never did get to meet him. Talked to him on the phone and via email but thats it. Randy has some pretty big shoes to fill, but he's on it.