Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAILED dating experience

FAILED dating experience

I can laugh about this now but when the guy asked me this 9 months post injury I was stumped and at a loss for words, this happened 21 years ago before I met my husband.

used to happen to me a lot. I dont think Iv ever answered.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    used to happen to me a lot. I dont think Iv ever answered.
    Amazing isn't it? my husband totally understand everything including my catheter so we're still together thank goodness.

Hahaha @ "lady parts", classy guy Wouldn't he have liked to have "known" Good for you!
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

What a guy. I have been asked similar things. One guy said to me (we were not on a date thank God) he thought disabled people could only have sex with other disabled people and would be willing to have sex with anyone as long as they were clean. Ummm.. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyanna View Post
    What a guy. I have been asked similar things. One guy said to me (we were not on a date thank God) he thought disabled people could only have sex with other disabled people and would be willing to have sex with anyone as long as they were clean. Ummm.. thanks.
    what an a-hole, that's sooo funny and yet so disturbing.

yes, and then when I corrected him on that misinformation he invited me to do something with him.... no thanks. I used to take a car service to an internship when I was at school and he was one of the drivers... a few of the other drivers were the same way.

but, to be fair, I'm sure men with sci have had just as dumb comments, if not more, from women. I think the difficult thing that men deal with, that women don't, is that their "male parts" working or not is more obvious. It just adds another layer to sexuality and sexual relationships/interactions that women can't comprehend (at least on direct experiential level).

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    but, to be fair, I'm sure men with sci have had just as dumb comments, if not more, from women. I think the difficult thing that men deal with, that women don't, is that their "male parts" working or not is more obvious. It just adds another layer to sexuality and sexual relationships/interactions that women can't comprehend (at least on direct experiential level).
    Women are more nurturing I think and wouldn't be as crude about it.