Thread: Taurine and MS

Taurine and MS

Anyone have any experience with Taurine? Any positive results with MS?

(I may have diverticulitius(sp?)...the fever from that may set off attacks I've been having. PCP rxed Cipro just in case...which doesn't play nice with Zanaflex...so I'm looking for other anti-spasticity stuff. Already taking clonezapam and bacolofen has no effect).

I took 2000mg a day (the amount my neuro said was safe) for several weeks, and it didn't do a thing for me - she said that it seems to help some people with stasticity, but I was not one of them.

Well, just for grins, I've started 1000mg Taurine twice a day, and, I've thrown in 1000mg D-3 just in case. We'll see what happens...

My PCP says there are no withdrawal symptoms from Zanaflex, so if I do notice and improvement from the Taurine, I'll drop the Zanaflex in case I need to pop some Cipro real quick...

I'm really NOT comfortable with prescribing for myself...but I can't get to a doctor that would help...

I really hope it helps you. The neuro who told me this is very up on nutrition and supplements, in fact it was a subspecialty for her - so the taurine is certainly worth a try.