Thread: New here - hand pain

Question New here - hand pain

I am trying to find out more about what this pain might be...

The pain is on top of my hand in the metacarpal area. It pain shoots between the 2nd and 3rd knuckle in my hand just above my fingers on my hand where the veins are. I notice it when I move it a certain way or twist it to turn a door knob. Especially when I am turning something in back of me.

It comes and goes very quickly but sometimes pain will also linger. At the worst the pain went through my whole hand. At one time it felt as if something had gone through my hand. It almost feels like it is a stretching pain that lightening quick.

Does anyone know if this might be related to veins, bones, tendons, or muscles. I have no pain in my wrist, no injuries, at times residual pain... but not constant pain. My veins in the hand are very close to the surface and maybe a little more than the other.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wind_decor View Post
    I am trying to find out more about what this pain might be...

The pain is on top of my hand in the metacarpal area. It pain shoots between the 2nd and 3rd knuckle in my hand just above my fingers on my hand where the veins are. I notice it when I move it a certain way or twist it to turn a door knob. Especially when I am turning something in back of me.

It comes and goes very quickly but sometimes pain will also linger. At the worst the pain went through my whole hand. At one time it felt as if something had gone through my hand. It almost feels like it is a stretching pain that lightening quick.

Does anyone know if this might be related to veins, bones, tendons, or muscles. I have no pain in my wrist, no injuries, at times residual pain... but not constant pain. My veins in the hand are very close to the surface and maybe a little more than the other.

Thanks
    I have arthritis and it sounds like what you describe. My doctor gave me a shot of cortisone and it was good for 8 months.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~