Thread: Roman Reed law passes California Senate

Roman Reed law passes California Senate

I got word this morning (my time) that the Roman Reed law passed the California Senate with 22 votes out of 40.
    We had probably the most succesful turnout ever with 500 emails in one week (Rick Hansen has been bigger but we ran it for a month). In countries where we got interest from Cure Captains ├×Sweden and New Zealand come to mind) we got more signatures than ever. The US also put out 200 emails. Tremendous. The Europeans were on holidays but we still got a decent turnout from Italy, Spain, the Netherlands. The UK also had a massive increase.

Anyhow, the law now goes to the Governor for his signature. I forgot about this but governor has veto power, so it might be necessary to write to him but I will let the Reeds decide.

Remember, you can still sign up to be a Cure Captain to help drive these campaigns. You can sign up at www.bit.ly/curecaptain
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Great! Let's keep up the momentum...

Wonderful. Wise.

One step closer. Let's keep the pressure on.

As reported, the Roman Reed law has passed all the steps of the California state legislature and is now in the hands of the governor to sign or veto.

You can help get the governor to sign this law by sending a FREE online fax to Governor Jerry Brown. Takes about 3 minutes.
    FAX content can be found at www.bit.ly/faxgovernor

Last edited by StemCells&AtomBombs; 08-28-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: change of contents
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

got it done,

thanks again Dennis for making it so easy
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Thanks Dennis, fax sent.