Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toilet Seat Cushion

Toilet Seat Cushion

What works best for you? I have ischial problem. Thanks.

Toilet chair cushion

I went to Wal-Mart and bought a regular padded cushion set and velcro. Dismantled seat down to just the seat portion and velcroed it onto my shower/commode chair. Alot better than the hard original seating. mark

Are you using a regular toilet seat? Padded toilet seat (which brand?)? Over-toilet commode??

We always get a good quality padded commode/shower chair seat for anyone with a SCI who cannot use a regular toilet seat. We have also had custom Ride Cushion commode/shower seats made.

You can also add a Roho toilet seat cushion. They come in two types: square (designed for commode/shower chairs) and oval (to fit on a regular toilet seat).

http://www.therohogroup.com/products...at_cushion.jsp

http://www.therohogroup.com/products...de_cushion.jsp

(KLD)

Thank you MarK and KLD. I kept breaking the store bought toilet seat padded cushions when I transferred onto the toilet; is that why you Velcro them on? KLD, does the Roho come with a cover over the cells? My OT ordered a gel toilet seat cushion out of her catalogue but I have never heard of that before, have you? I have heard pros and cons about the Roho. I have shearing and balance issues. Right now I am transferring from w/c to regular toilet. Thank you.

Lyd

You might try http://www.bathbeautiful.com/store/toilet_seats.html they advertise made in US, and specifically say they are more durable than most.
    Seems pricey, but Google may help.

Another place you might look is 180psi.com I have seen the product, and it seems well made. The price seems pretty steep for a few dollars worth of foam, but the owner is in a chair and I don't think the profit is huge. The setup costs for a small production run were high.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

when you say ischial problem does you mean you currently have a sore?

a recent flap?

just curious........I just had a flap surgery done in July. I was told no toilet seats PERIOD preferrably for a year and then padded seat only....I am currently looking myself even though its gonna be a long time before i need it

I will probably go with the ROHO

Thank you for your replies. I checked out the bath beautiful site; I had no idea! I tried the 180psi a few years ago, but it slid off the seat when I transferred and I couldn' t clean it well enough. I have read pros and cons regarding the Roho, I'd love to hear from someone who uses one.

Ryano, I had sacral flap surgery in June, and had an ischial wound sewn up at the same time. It was healed but opened up again so I'm back on bed rest. I'm trying to trouble shoot so once healed it doesn't open up again. I wasn't told to not use the toilet seat - hmmm. May I ask what other advice you were given ? Thanks!

Does someone know who makes an open front padded toilet seat (not a Roho add-on or anything rising the height too much)?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    Does someone know who makes an open front padded toilet seat (not a Roho add-on or anything rising the height too much)?
    This is the one I have. It's great.
    http://www.180psi.com/

Loreo, thank you. I have looked into it but wondered, how does that material clean?