Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD for mac book pro

That's what I'm afraid of PN. Whjen I used DD on my Dell it conked out and when I called tech I was charged almost 50.00 for their help so I am skiddish with Nuance but desperately need voice rec.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Do I need a PDF converter?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    That's what I'm afraid of PN. Whjen I used DD on my Dell it conked out and when I called tech I was charged almost 50.00 for their help so I am skiddish with Nuance but desperately need voice rec.
    Liz, Dragon Dictate is for the Mac. Since this is a Dell computer you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. The more information I have about your computer the better it is for the both of us. Are you using a USB headset (Parrot TalkPro)? Desktop or laptop? I hope you're not using Norton or McAfee antivirus. These programs can cause problems. If all else fails call Paul.

For PDFs, I use Foxit Reader because it is more secure than Adobe Acrobat Reader.

DNS 11 Pro
    Windows 7 Pro SP1
    Intel Quad core
    4 GB of RAM
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

No, I HAD a dell desktop and used DD and then used Vista Voice with my HP laptop.
    Now I have a MacBook Pro so will need DD for the Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    No, I HAD a dell desktop and used DD and then used Vista Voice with my HP laptop.
    Now I have a MacBook Pro so will need DD for the Mac.
    Yes, Dragon Dictate is required to do VR on the Mac. You may want to take a look at the Dragon Dictate Forum to read what people are writing about this software. If this is a new MacBook Pro running OS X Lion, I don't think you'll have any software or hardware glitches. You can purchase Dragon Dictate from Nuance for $199. IMO, Dragon Dictate is not as good as Dragon NaturallySpeaking. There was a time that Nuance provided the customer with one free phone call to tech support on a new purchase. Maybe those days are gone. I hope not. If you have any questions just fire at will.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Thanks PN, I'll be spending more bucks tomorrow.:-)