Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Constipation or worse

Maybe try another bottle then go lay down on your left side in bed
    Your intestines will start gurgling Then go release your waste .

Sometimes for Grownups it can be 2 bottles of fleet

I dont do the enema thing much but It does work .

Sounds like you are Impacted ..
    I hope you feel better

GL

Whatever happened to this technology?

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/smar...lonoscopy/1617

I hard about it longer than 2009 ago and it doesn't seem to be in common use yet?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

my physiatrist put me on Lactalose while still in hospital almost 6 years ago and still take to date if I don't have a movement after three days. It may be thick like Caro syrup but sure as hell don't taste like it. but it clears me out.

I have finally passed some very watery stool. I would think I would have some hard or formed stool still in me though. My stomach is also making a lot of weird noises and movements. Maybe I'll start passing something more soon. That would be good since I can't sleep anyway.

It does concern me though that what I'm passing is mainly watery. I did pass a small amount of formed stool earlier yesterday evening but I am concerned that I still could have an impaction with the liquid stool passing by it. I haven't thrown up anymore but I am belching a lot and my stomach is rumbling.
    Last edited by faith9778; 09-15-2011 at 05:00 PM.

throwing up, or the urge to, combined with abdominal signs/symptoms is a hallmark of bowel obstruction. this is different from low end constipation, stasis, poor transit etc.

you definately need to get checked out as you may have a mild one, or one that is building, though bowel obstruction usually escalates to crisis level quite quickly, about 1 day from obstruction (if total) to life threatening crisis requiring intervention (surgical or nasogastric intubation).

I am feeling so much better today. I haven't thrown up or been naseous in over 24 hours now. I have been hungry and I'm not bloated anymore. I have been passing major amounts of chunky stool since it started coming last night.

I made a drs. appointment this morning but the earliest they can see me is Sept. 30th. I'll go to Rapid Care if I start throwing up or feeling bloated again. They can't do a whole lot there, but they can do x-rays. Would normal x-rays show up an impactation or something though? I have eaten today and felt fine, but I plan on eating lightly for the next few days. I may take the Magnesium Citrate on Monday to see if anything else comes out.
    Last edited by faith9778; 09-15-2011 at 04:59 PM.

stick with clear liquids
    till you have what you consider a decent bowel movement.
    Your dr. is going to make you get xrays anyhow to rule out what sounds like a bowel obstruction.
    Get a GOOD gastro guy. Mine has saved my life at least twice with no surgical intervention.

The throwing up throws off your potassium too so insist on having blood workup to check your levels.

I'd do anything not to go to the ER but just came out of the hospital last week for the same reasons.

good luck.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

@faith: it's now way past the time to stop waiting to see what happens and get to the ER. NOW. TONIGHT. As in read this, close the laptop, and GO.

Passing nothing but watery stool after not having a bowel movement for over a week is evidence that you are badly impacted. The hard stool has gotten so large and dry that it's stuck in your colon and the watery stuff is leaking out around it.

You're already miserable, but now you're in danger of crossing the line from not feeling well into facing a medical emergency. Go to the ER, get the abdominal x-ray, and let them treat the impaction before it becomes a bowel perforation.

Seriously, girl, GO!!
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I really don't know what to do at this point. It's just pouring out of me. It's not completely watery stool like I first mentioned, there are some chunks in it. Trying to go to the ER the way I am now would be awful. I'd be in a mess by the time I got there. I'd hate for the ER staff to have to help clean me up.