Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How do people carry things like wallets?

This 20 pocket geek jacket with snap-off/on sleeves was reviewed in today's new york times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/te...ref=technology
    SCOTT EVEST TRANSFORMER JACKET ($160). Well, one thing’s for sure: You’ll never again complain that you can’t find a free pocket for the gadgets you carry around. This obsessively engineered jacket (gray, red or black) has 20 of them.
    Each pocket has a tiny label, so you know where everything goes, and a zipper with a cloth pull. There are pockets for your phone (with touch-screen-sensitive walls). Glasses (with a cleaning cloth attached by a leash). Keys (with a springy clip). Water bottle. Wallet. Pens.
    There’s even — I kid you not — an iPad pocket on the inside front. This may be the first jacket that ever needed an instruction manual.
    Like previous Scott eVests, this jacket has a channel system that routes earbuds to the collar. What’s new here is that the sleeves come off with a couple of tugs, turning the jacket into a vest.
    They’re attached to the vest portion by a ring of powerful magnets at the shoulders; you can pop them on and off without removing the jacket or leaving your gadgets behind. The sleeves are a single piece, connected by a back panel. Of course, there’s a pocket for it, too.
    The only real question here is this: Would anybody who’s that hopelessly tech-obsessed care enough about fashion to buy a stylish $160 jacket?

SCOTTEVEST Transformer Jacket (X-ray)
    Features

A few other features of note: the Transformer even provides a pocket for stashing the sleeves inside itself. Two of the interior pockets feature clear-touch plastic so you can access your iPod and/or mobile phone’s touch screen without removing them from the jacket.
    On the outside, the exterior is wind resistant with a soft, breathable lining. Lastly, the whole thing is machine washable. For travelers who like to put their gear through its paces (read: beat the bloody hell out of it), this and the fact that it’s available in black are essential features.

I use a biker type wallet inside a fanny-pack that is spring hooked to my armrest. The little pack is zipped all the way with the wallet chain hanging out and spring hooked seperately to my armrest also.

If my fanny pack comes loose, (which has happened), my wallet chain holds it to my armrest until I discover it.

Over time the shortened cloth straps wear out on the fanny pack and let go. That is why the redundant attaching is needed for me. I use spring hooks a lot. When I change chairs, it just takes a moment to unhook everything to reattach to another chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashbang View Post
    This 20 pocket geek jacket with snap-off/on sleeves was reviewed in today's new york times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/te...ref=technology
    SCOTT EVEST TRANSFORMER JACKET ($160). Well, one thing’s for sure: You’ll never again complain that you can’t find a free pocket for the gadgets you carry around. This obsessively engineered jacket (gray, red or black) has 20 of them.
    Each pocket has a tiny label, so you know where everything goes, and a zipper with a cloth pull. There are pockets for your phone (with touch-screen-sensitive walls). Glasses (with a cleaning cloth attached by a leash). Keys (with a springy clip). Water bottle. Wallet. Pens.
    There’s even — I kid you not — an iPad pocket on the inside front. This may be the first jacket that ever needed an instruction manual.
    Like previous Scott eVests, this jacket has a channel system that routes earbuds to the collar. What’s new here is that the sleeves come off with a couple of tugs, turning the jacket into a vest.
    They’re attached to the vest portion by a ring of powerful magnets at the shoulders; you can pop them on and off without removing the jacket or leaving your gadgets behind. The sleeves are a single piece, connected by a back panel. Of course, there’s a pocket for it, too.
    The only real question here is this: Would anybody who’s that hopelessly tech-obsessed care enough about fashion to buy a stylish $160 jacket?

SCOTTEVEST Transformer Jacket (X-ray)
    Features
    Been looking at their jackets and vest for a few years now but they are just too expensive for me. I always just stick my phone and wallet between my legs and hang my keys from a carbiner that hangs off my cushion.
    Most everything I say is

Front pockets of jeans. Jacket pockets if it is cold out.

I am looking for something like this . Kindly let me know where can I find in the California?

I use a home made two pocket velcro pouch that hangs from the seat sling tube, wallett, keys, hand sanitizer, ear plugs, etc. within easy reach.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

funny you should mention that. i had to drop off some new suit pants to get hemmed for a wedding and i told the in house tailor about useless jean pockets on my ass and asked him if he could sew them to the inside my jean pant legs, he said no problamo. im droppin them off tomorrow, ill post pics when i get then back.